Subject: [Isis-wg] draft-ietf-isis-transient-02.txt

From: Shankar Vemulapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 11:02:16 -0800 (PST)

Hi Danny -

Everything looks really good in the document.
Just a couple of suggestions -[from readability perspective]

In the section 4 under "Discussion"

"
Though, because RtrB has yet to establish and synchronization it's BGP
neighbor relationship and routing information with RtrD, RtrB has no
knowledge regarding reachability of destination D.1, and therefore
discards the packets received from RtrA destined to D.1.
"

is little verbose... may be it is good to break it up into two sentences.
Also, there are too many 'and's

In the same section 4 under "Discussion" -

"
If RtrB were to temporarily set it's LSP Overload bit while synchroniz
ing BGP tables with it's neighbors, RtrA would continue to use the work
ing RtrA->RtrC->RtrD path, and the LSP should only be used to obtain
reachability to locally connected networks (rather than for calculating
transit paths through the router, as defined in [1]).
"

when talking about the "locally connected networks" - include a line saying
that it is the Router-B's connected interfaces - so that it brings clarity.

Thank you,

/Shankar

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://spider.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg