Subject: Re: [Isis-wg] overran by spam, only posts by subscribed members will be appearing ...

From: Danny McPherson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 11:43:34 -0700

Don't forget then to add explicit accept rules for the 
addresses outlined here:

http://www.ietf.org/IESG/STATEMENTS/mail-submit-policy.txt

-danny

> this list got overrun by spam. I used quietly to clean up somewhere
> between 30 and 200 messages per week of spam through the admin
> interface to pick out the few legitimate postings by un-subscribed
> people. Unfortunately, it's at the point where the effort is not worth
> it anymore. I just let the spam sit there and die. Which means, if
> you want your posting to appear, pls make sure you're subscribed to
> the list ...

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://spider.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg

---

From: Tony Przygienda <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 08:52:14 -0800

> http://www.ietf.org/IESG/STATEMENTS/mail-submit-policy.txt

Danny, thanks, done, actually this is just a threat, I'll look @
the big spam collection infrequently to pick out important stuff.
It's just I wanted to forcce people to subscribe if they want to
post and therefore make my job easier ;-)

    thanks

    -- tony