Subject: [Isis-wg] Ipv6 Draft Problem.

From: "aridaman kaushik" <[email-masked]>
Date: 22 Mar 2002 04:17:35 -0000

hi all,

The draft For Ipv6 version 2 is totally failure. It is not 
accordance with  ISO 10589. It supports 32 bit default metric. In 
ISO 10589, neighbour TLVs are having
8 metric inormation. in present case for ipv4/iso, we are sending 
same 8 bit metric infomation, but We have to maintain separate 
metrics for ipv4/iso and ip6 separately due to their range 
difference?  So how this will be tackled for ipv6?.

In neighbiour TLV we are sending 8 bit  metrics information,
but in ipv6 reachiability, we will be sending 32 bit metric, SPF 
calculation fails here.?

I think, either neighbour IS6 TLV should be provided or
some sub TLV in ipv6 reachiability TLV should be added
to make it compatible with existing ipv4/iso implementation or 
ipv6 reachiability should also contain 8 bit metric infomation.

thanks in advance
ari.

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://spider.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg