Subject: [Isis-wg] A thought...

From: Tony Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 11:15:20 -0700

Would anyone object if we started simply moving documents forward as
standards track?  This would mean being 'rude' to ISO, but since being
'nice' seems to be backfiring...

Tony
_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://spider.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg

---

From: John Harper <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 12:05:33 -0700

Sure makes sense to me...

         John

---

From: Alex Zinin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 13:06:30 -0700

Tony,

  I have reasons to suspect that this will not fly by the IESG.
  As IETF wouldn't like any other standards body to modify IETF
  standards, the IESG would unlikely support putting a document
  affecting another body's standard on the IETF standards track.
  We could consider standardizing IP-specific extensions (as
  in the case of 1195), but I would suggest that we stick
  with the current scheme until we have had a conversation with
  ISO. After that we can reevaluate the WG documents (including
  Informational RFCs) and see if we want to push some of them
  to standards.

-- 
Alex