Subject: [Isis-wg] draft-ietf-isis-restart-01.txt

From: mike shand <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 09:20:07 +0100

Folks,
	I have submitted a revised version of the restart draft. It should be 
appearing in the usual place soon. I THINK I have addressed all the 
comments received on the list.

	I have retained the non-timer resetting behavior of the RR IIH because I 
think it is useful in some cases but have noted that if you want the 
resetting behavior you can easily get this by sending a normal IIH once you 
have acquired the necessary circuit IDs etc. So the way it would work is 
that you would re-start and get back the remaining time on each adjacency. 
If this is plenty of time you just carry on as normal. If you feel you need 
more time (and you are configured to allow that), then you send an IIH with 
the required holding time.

	Similarly, I have retained the retries, but said that you may configure a 
retry count of zero.

	Mike

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://spider.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg