Subject: [Isis-wg] question on draft-ietf-isis-wg-multi-topology-03.txt

From: stefano previdi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 17:18:22 +0200

Naiming,

in draft-ietf-isis-wg-multi-topology-03.txt  I see:

-------------------------------------------------------------------
8.3.  Multi-Topology Reachable IPv4 Prefixes TLV

    TLV number of this TLV is 235.  It is aligned with extended IS
    reachability TLV type 135 beside an additional two bytes in front.

         2 bytes of MT membership
                  4 bits (most significant) are reserved
                 12 least significant bits are the MT ID
         0-251 octets of structures used in TLV type 135.

    This TLV can occur multiple times.
    A new sub-TLV for this MT Reachable IPv4 Prefixes TLV is proposed:

         Sub-TLV type    117
         Length          4 octets
         Name            MT IPv4 Prefix Color

         The value of 1 of this sub-TLV is reserved for MT Management
         Prefix color.

    If the MT Management Prefix color is present in this TLV, a MT based
    SPF computation MAY also need to install this prefix into the
    ``standard'' or ``management'' RIB. This MAY be necessary for
    example in the case of MT based network management.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

In draft-martin-neal-policy-isis-admin-tags we specified 
admin tag sub-TLV for both TLV 135 and 235. Not sure about
the real purpose of sub-TLV 117 but I believe we could just 
reserve an admin tag value of 1 of for "MT Management".

s.

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://spider.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg