Subject: RE: [Isis-wg] IS-IS MIB

From: Jeff Parker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 18:35:54 -0400

> Index by the level and the LSP ID. Have an attribute for each 
> of the fixed fields. Have an OCTET-STRING defined attribute 
> as the last entry in the table that contains either: 
> a. The hex dump of the entire LSP, or 
> b. The hex dump of just the variable length fields. 

> The upper bound on the size probably needs to be 65535. Don't 
> worry, SNMP can fragment SNMP replies for the large one. 

> Don 

Don -
	I was under the impression that SNMP couldn't deal with
1492 byte or larger objects.  If it can, I would be happy to
package up the whole LSP and ship it over so that the clients
can do what they like.  
	But Dan suggested last week that this is not possible.

	Is there a MIB Doctor in the house?  Can we get a ruling
on shiping 1492 to 4K to larger yet blobs as one object?

- jeff parker
_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://spider.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg