Subject: [Isis-wg] FW: ISIS MIB update

From: Jeff Parker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 09:34:36 -0400

> From: Les Ginsberg [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2002 8:14 PM
> Subject: RE: ISIS MIB update
> 
> Table 10 which defined the alternative multicast addresses 
> for 802.5 was deleted as per TC1 (published in 1992). The 
> defect report which I have (hardcopy only unfortunately - 
> be happy to FAX to anybody who really wants it) discusses 
> the issue at some length, but concludes by saying that 
> various groups have reviewed the issues and agreed that
> 
>   "token ring ISs be required to use the proper multicast addresses"
> 
> It then specified deletion of the related material from ISO 10589.
> 
> Those who were involved at the time may remember more...
>  
>    Les

Thanks, Les.  

	I'll remove the associated knob from the MIB.
One less thing to puzzle future generations.  

- jeff parker
_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://spider.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg