Subject: [Isis-wg] draft-ietf-isis-restart-01.txt

From: "Kent Wong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 22:25:48 +0000

Hi,

I have some questions and comments on the isis restart draft:

1. On Page 6
"....a router MAY transmit one or more normal IIHs
(containing a restart option, but with RR and RA clear) after the
initial RR/RA exchange, but before synchronization has been
achieved, in order to extend the holding time of the neighbors
adjacencies, beyond that indicated in the remaining time field of
the neighbors IIH with the RA bit set."

When a router does this, should it also extend T3 to be the new
holding time? Otherwise, even though we extend nbr's holding time
for the adjacency, T3 will still expire in a short time and LSP
with OL bit set will be generated and the graceful restart will
fail anyway.

2. Instead of sending normal IIH after initial RR/RA exchange,
would it make more sense that if this is a planned restart,
a normal IIH with a large holding time is sent before the router
going down so that nbr will hold the adjacency until restarting
router finishes the complete restart procedure. In that way, there
is no need to send extra normal IIH after initial RR/RA exchange.

3. If T2 on both levels expires/cancelled, it means end of
database resync and if T3 is still running, we should cancel
T3 at this time. Is that correct? The draft did not say this explicitly.

Thanks.

Kent Wong

_________________________________________________________________
MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: 
http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://spider.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg