Subject: [Isis-wg] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-isis-admin-tags-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 07:57:29 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: A Policy Control Mechanism is IS-IS Using 
                          Administrative Tags
	Author(s)	: C. Martin, B. Neal, S. Previdi
	Filename	: draft-ietf-isis-admin-tags-01.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 2002-8-27
	
This document describes an extension to the IS-IS protocol to add
operational capabilities that allow for ease of management and
control over IP prefix distribution within an IS-IS domain.  The IS-
IS protocol is specified in [1], with extensions for supporting IPv4
specified in [2] and further enhancements for Traffic Engineering [4]
in [3] and [6].
This document enhances the IS-IS protocol by extending the
information that a Intermediate System (IS) [router] can place in
Link State Protocol Data Units (LSPs) as specified in [2].  This
extension will provide operators with a mechanism to control IP
prefix distribution throughout multi-level IS-IS domains.
Additionally, the information can be placed in LSPs that have TLVs as
yet undefined, if this information is used to convey the same meaning
in these future TLVs as it is used in the currently defined TLVs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-admin-tags-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-isis-admin-tags-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-admin-tags-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.