Subject: [Isis-wg] Updates to "Interoperability" draft

From: Jeff Parker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 11:07:41 -0400

In a judgment worthy of Solomon, our ADs have suggested that the best way to
move the draft-ietf-isis-interoperable document forward is to cut it in two:
one part that deals with the features described in ISO 10589, and one that
deal with the features described in RFC 1195.  We can then make the ISO half
informational, and the IP half normative.  

After looking at the contents, this seems quite possible.  With the
exception of the a few items (such as the impact of L2 to L1 leaking on the
meaning of the S bit in the Default Metric), the document splits cleanly
into the two halves.   I will be circulating the new documents for review on
the original mailing list formed for the document, but would be happy to
share the current state with any interested party on the full ISIS WG list.

- jeff parker
- axiowave networks

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg