Subject: [Isis-wg] doubts

From: ramanathan rams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 12:18:13 -0700

hi all,

    I have few doubts in ISIS and three way handshake. could u please 
explain me?

*   In section 7.3.15.2 - Action on receipt of sequence number PDU, under 
b) ,4. - it says if C is non broadcast circuit clear SRMflag.  why don't we 
clear it for broadcast circuit.

*   In ISIS 3 way handshake while mentioning  the first problem which will 
occur if we don't support 3 way handshake if the datalink protocol used is 
unrelaible, they say it may take full complete LSP refresh period upto 
eighteen hours. how do they get this 18 hours?  within  a maximum time 
frame of Maximum LSP Generation interval all the LSPs will be regenrated 
even if there is no change and so flooding will assure that all the LSPs 
will be reached to the other side,  even though the first CSNP is lost in 
PP circuit right?.

*   Do u have any idea on DDRP based on ISIS and any reference to DDRP 
materials?

thanks
rams.

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg

---

From: Jeff Learman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 16:28:17 -0400

>clear it for broadcast circuit.

My understanding is that three-way handshake is important for ptp links,
because ISIS PTP procedures assumed a reliable link.  Since ISIS does
not assume a reliable link on a broadcast link, 3-way handshake is
superfluous.

If 3-way provides any significant benefit on a broadcast network, please
let me know.

Thanks,
Jeff