Subject: Re: [Isis-wg] doubts

From: Jonathan Sadler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 14:59:52 -0500

Jeff -

Jeff Parker wrote:
> > *   Do u have any idea on DDRP based on ISIS and any
> > reference to DDRP materials?
> 
> Sorry, I'm having a jargon cache miss.  Do you
> mean the National Guard Drug Demand Reduction
> Policy?  I know of no mention of ISIS in their
> material.

DDRP is the "Domain to Domain Routing Protocol", which is being
discussed in the OIF to handle E-NNI Optical Routing.  While the title
includes the word "Protocol", it is really conceptual in nature --
no-one is looking to reinvent the wheel.  Let me explain:

Three documents exist.  The first (oif2002.378) defines requirements for
Hierarchical Optical Routing when using a Link State protocol.  These
are based on the ITU-T's G.7715 (ASON Routing) as well as requirements
provided by the OIF Carriers group.  The second (oif2002.023) and third
(oif2002.163) are competing proposals that fulfill the requirements
using extensions to OSPF and IS-IS, respectively.

There are a number of things the requirements add which aren't already
covered in the GMPLS extensions for IS-IS draft.  The biggest probably
is the need to support Multi-Level hierarchies with a depth greater than
2.

Jonathan Sadler
============================================================
The information contained in this message may be privileged 
and confidential and protected from disclosure.  If the 
reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an 
employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to 
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any 
reproduction, dissemination or distribution of this 
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received 
this communication in error, please notify us immediately by 
replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.

Thank you.
Tellabs
============================================================
_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg