Subject: [Isis-wg] MIB: need for isisOverloadTimeLeft

From: "Don Goodspeed" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 20:33:54 -0400 (EDT)

Since many implemenations allow overload to be set for a given time,
we should have a MIB attribute called something like
isisSysOverloadTimeLeft (or TimeRemaining) that would serve two
functions.

When set along with isisSysSetOverload, would set overload for the
configured time period (unit should be in seconds).  When read,
it would show the time remaining in the overload state.  If not set,
or if set to zero, when isisSysSetOverload is set, means an infinite
overload period (which is the current operation).

-don

------------------------------------------------
Changed your e-mail?  Keep your contacts!  Use this free e-mail change of address service from Return Path.  Register now!
_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg

---

From: "Antoni B. Przygienda" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 01:58:59 -0700

>overload period (which is the current operation).
actually, the intent is often to overload after the bootup for a certain 
amount of seconds so you
may want more variables to get that behavior

    -- tony