Subject: [Isis-wg] isisAreaAddrTable index

From: "Jonnala, Nagi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 23:33:15 -0500

Jeff,

Thanks for the clarification on isisISAdjAreaAddrTable.

I have another question on isisAreaAddrTable(The union of the sets of area
addresses reported in all Level 1 LSPs). I noticed isisAreaAddr is one of
the index into the table. Being the read-only object, Can't we consider
having an isisAreaAddrIndex instead
of direct object as the index. 

Notes: 

1) We have the same kind of isisISAdjAreaAddrIndex for
isisISAdjAreaAddrTable.

2) For isisManAreaAddrTable, it does make sense to have
isisManAreaAddr as the index because we use it for SET operations also.

Thanks
Nagi.

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg

---

From: Laura Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 07:37:52 -0600

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jonnala, Nagi [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2002 10:33 PM
> To: 'Jeff Parker'
> Cc: ISIS-WG (E-mail)
> Subject: [Isis-wg] isisAreaAddrTable index
> 
> 
> 
> Jeff,
> 

There was a discussion on using IP address or area address as part of index,
using area address will keep index permanent during neighbor configuration.
The order of manual/union addresses could change when a new area address
being added/deleted by a neighbor. I would like to see area address as part
of index in isisAreaAddrTable and isisManAreaAddrTable.
isisISAdjAreaAddrTable is ok to use isisISAdjAreaAddrIndex, since
isisISAdjIndex is before isisISAdjAreaAddrIndex to point out which neighbor
it refers to.

regrads,

Laura

> isisManAreaAddr as the index because we use it for SET 

----------------------------------------- (on rchss001)

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are the property
of Chiaro Networks, Ltd., and may contain confidential and 
privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you are not one of the named
recipient(s), or otherwise have reason to believe that you have 
received this message in error, please notify the sender and 
delete all copies from your system.  Any other use, retention, 
dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is 
strictly prohibited.

---------------------------------------------------------