Subject: [Isis-wg] areaTransmitPassword/domainTransmitPassword

From: "Ramalingam, Swaminathan (Swaminathan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 17:35:49 +0530

Hi-

If a system is configured with no password, and L1/L2 LSP/CSNPs are received
with some passwords, what should be the behaviour of processing those
LSPs/CSNPs. 

I believe it should be dropped as the system is configured with no password
and receiving LSPs/CSNPs with passwords. Please comment on this.

But in the ISO 10589 & RFC 1195, there is no explicit mentioning of this. It
might mislead some implementators to accept L1/L2 LSP/CSNPs in this case.

Thanks,
Swami

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg

---

From: Tony Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 17:23:49 -0700

I'll also point out that accepting the PDUs allows you to transition  
to a fully authenticated network in a smooth fashion.

Tony

On Sep 27, 2005, at 5:05 AM, Ramalingam, Swaminathan (Swaminathan)