Subject: [Isis-wg] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-isis-ipv6-te-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 15:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: IPv6 Traffic Engineering in IS-IS
	Author(s)	: J. Harrison, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-isis-ipv6-te-02.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2005-11-16
	
This document specifies a method for exchanging IPv6 Traffic
   Engineering information using the IS-IS routing protocol.  The
   described method uses three new TLVs, together with two new sub-TLVs
   of the Extended IS Reachability TLV.  The information distributed
   allows a CSPF algorithm to calculate traffic engineered routes using
   IPv6 addresses.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-ipv6-te-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-isis-ipv6-te-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-ipv6-te-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg

---

From: Hannes Gredler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 16:50:45 +0100

hi jon & jon,

i fail to understand the necessity of the
IPv6 Global Interface Address TLV -

my train of thought is that TE for v4 is working
fine without an indication that the neighor
is TE capable ...

could you pls explain your rationale behind ?

/hannes

---

4.5  IPv6 Global Interface Address TLV

    The IPv6 Global Interface Address TLV is TLV type 233.  The TLV
    structure is identical to that of the IPv6 Interface Address TLV
    defined in [IPv6], but the semantics are different.  In particular,
    the TLV is included in IIH PDUs for those interfaces using IPv6 TE
    extensions.  The TLV contains global or site-local IPv6 addresses
    assigned to the interface that is sending the Hello.

    The IPv6 Global Interface Address TLV is not used in LSPs.

---

[email-masked] wrote:
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>