Subject: [Isms] Evaluation results?

From: Wes Hardaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 08:51:03 -0800

I have to admit: I'm getting a bit nervous.  We have a deadline of
end-of-March to make a determination about which direction to go and
an evaluation that is taking place but is consuming much of the
remaining time.  If we're supposed to prove to the ADs that set the
deadline that the community at large has picked a direction, I think
we need as much time as possible between the time that the results of
the evaluation team has come to a conclusion and the time frame by
which community support needs to be shown.  At this point, we have
very little time left and hence I'm getting nervous.  Having only a
few people select a solution with little input from the community and
then expecting the community to swallow it immediately is a sure path
to the closure of this working group.  Do we have a new expected due
date for the results of the team to be published since the last two
deadlines have already passed?  

(Admittedly, the end-of-march deadline was set by Steve and Bert, but
Steve has stepped-down and I'm not sure what Sam's opinions on the
subject are.  I'll leave that to him if he wants to expand on the
subject, otherwise we'll need to assume the original restrictions are
in place.)

-- 
Wes Hardaker
Sparta

_______________________________________________
Isms mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isms