Subject: [Isms] pre11 draft

From: "David Harrington" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 14:54:05 +0800

Hi,

I am getting a chance to work on the secshell and tsm drafts today.
To help everybody be on a similar page, here is the current state of
the document.

I have added a mib table for secshell showing a LCD approach. Some of
this duplicates what I put into the TSM document, and some stuff will
need to be removed from the TSM document.
The two preXX documents are currently not in sync, and I know that.

I have not completed the elements of procedure.
I am running into some of the problems of translations and who knows
what when that have been discussed recently; I think the information
is available as needed, based on default transforms, but the devil is
in the details.

At this point in time, it is really important that if you want to
discuss something about, say, securityName, that you point just where
in the text you have concerns. I don't want to spend the limited time
that I have to do this work on answering questions that come from poor
generalization of the procedures. Walk through the specific elements
of procedure to see what is known when. Do NOT mix up what is known
for incoming and what is known for outgoing; walk through the
psuedocode and be careful to not make assumptions about the contents
of the fields. I see that as being a common problem in the WG
discussions.

I welcome text suggestions of the form, "in section x.x., paragraph 3,
I suggest this rewording".

I do not welcome suggested text of the form "well, let's discuss this
big abstraction and I think the document should say something like
yada-yada-yada wherever it is appropriate, and here are twenty
paragraphs of related stuff that the editor should parse and figure
out what should go where."

David Harrington
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Isms mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isms