Subject: [ipwave] Reference tools to validate CAM, BSM, and similar messages

From: Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2018 14:03:04 +0100

Reference tools to validate CAM, BSM, and similar messages

We use extensively these tools to validate CAM, BSM and similar 
messages.  This is good for interoperability.

"ASN1 Playground"
http://asn1-playground.oss.com/

"Free Online Automotive ASN.1 Messages Decoder"
https://www.marben-products.com/decoder-asn1-automotive/

"ETSI Wireshark Dissectors" old
http://oldforge.etsi.org/websvn/listing.php?repname=ITS.WIRESHARK_ITS_PLUGINS&path=%2F&

Are there other similar tools on the web?

The "ASN1 Playground" also gives the grammar (button "ASN.1 
specification").  This grammar is accepted by the asn1c open source 
software to create messages encoded in UPER, XER, etc.  But this site 
has some issues with some versions of J2735 (was free at a time, now 
paying).  They look at fixing, but in good terms with SAE.

The "ETSI Wireshark Dissectors" are old and only work on linux (no 
Windows) because of wireshark versioning.  Ideally a caring person might 
migrate them to recent wireshark and CAM versions.

Alex

---

From: Jérôme Härri <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2018 14:14:13 +0100

Dear All,

Alternative tools we use (not so alternative actually...thanks @Alexander
for the other links)

asn1 decoder in C and C++
C++ wrapper: https://github.com/Svalorzen/asn1cpp 

C (required by the C++ code above) http://lionet.info/asn1c/compiler.html

Full list of ASN1 for ITS: 
http://oldforge.etsi.org/websvn/dl.php?repname=ITS.ITS_ASN1&path=%2Freleases
%2F&isdir=1&rev=36 (coming as source ASN1, need to parse them with the
parser)

(good for DENM and CAM, among other messages)

BR,

Jérôme

-----Original Message-----
From: its [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Alexandre Petrescu
Sent: Monday 17 December 2018 14:03
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [ipwave] Reference tools to validate CAM, BSM, and similar messages

"ASN1 Playground"

"ETSI Wireshark Dissectors" old
http://oldforge.etsi.org/websvn/listing.php?repname=ITS.WIRESHARK_ITS_PLUGIN
S&path=%2F&

Alex

_______________________________________________
its mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/its

---

From: Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2018 14:37:52 +0100

Thanks for the pointers,

I did not know 'Svalorzen'.

Your pointer to lionet.info is also what is named 'asn1c'.

The "Full list of ASN1 for ITS" that you point to ETSI contains indeed 
.asn files (what I call 'grammar' files) for CAM, CDD, DENM, PKI, SEC. 
I suppose they are extracted from the respective ETSI ITS pdf 
specifications publicly available.  They are the equivalent of what ASN1 
Playground gives under the button 'ASN.1 specification'.

Additionally, below are some of the CAM GeoNetworking BTP open-source 
implementations we encountered in 2018 (but discarded by our needs, for 
various reasons):

https://github.com/riebl  ("vanetza"; a simulator)

https://github.com/rendits (know and do IPv6 straight on OCB but not here)

https://github.com/Dimme/driveits (old)

https://github.com/alexvoronov/geonetworking (has IPR on it)

https://github.com/jandejongh/btpsap (transport layer below network layer)

Alex