Subject: [ipwave] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-33.txt

From: Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2018 13:20:41 +0100

Hi IPWAVErs,

This is the -33 version addressing reviewer's comments (Carlos).

This is the ChangeLog:

- substituted 'movement detection' for 'handover behaviour'
   in introductory text;
- removed redundant phrase referring to
   Security Considerations section;
- removed the phrase about
   forming mechanisms being left out, as IP is not much concerned
   about L2 forming;
- moved the Pseudonym section from main section to end of Security
   Considerations section (and clarified 'concurrently');
- capitalized SHOULD consider OCB in
   WiFi multicast problems, and referred to more recent I-D on
   topic;
- removed several phrases in a paragraph about oui.txt
   and MAC presence in IPv6 address, as they are well known info,
   but clarified the example of privacy risk of Company ID in MAC
   addresses in public roads;
- clarified that ND MUST be used over
   802.11-OCB.

Alex

-------- Message transféré --------
Sujet : New Version Notification for 
draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-33.txt
Date : Mon, 17 Dec 2018 04:17:19 -0800
De : [email-masked]
Pour : Jerome Haerri <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], 
Jerome Haerri <[email-masked]>, Alexandre Petrescu 
<[email-masked]>, Alexandre Petrescu 
<[email-masked]>, Nabil Benamar <[email-masked]>, 
Thierry Ernst <[email-masked]>, Jong-Hyouk Lee 
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-33.txt
has been successfully submitted by Alexandre Petrescu and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb
Revision:	33
Title:		Transmission of IPv6 Packets over IEEE 802.11 Networks operating 
in mode Outside the Context of a Basic Service Set (IPv6-over-80211-OCB)
Document date:	2018-12-17
Group:		ipwave
Pages:		41
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-33.txt
Status: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb/
Htmlized: 
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-33
Htmlized: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb
Diff: 
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-33

Abstract:
    In order to transmit IPv6 packets on IEEE 802.11 networks running
    outside the context of a basic service set (OCB, earlier "802.11p")
    there is a need to define a few parameters such as the supported
    Maximum Transmission Unit size on the 802.11-OCB link, the header
    format preceding the IPv6 header, the Type value within it, and
    others.  This document describes these parameters for IPv6 and IEEE
    802.11-OCB networks; it portrays the layering of IPv6 on 802.11-OCB
    similarly to other known 802.11 and Ethernet layers - by using an
    Ethernet Adaptation Layer.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat