Subject: [ipwave] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-32.txt

From: Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 19:23:23 +0100

Hi IPWAVErs,

I submitted version -32 of IPv6/OCB.

The only change is shortening the IPv6/ND running statement.  It's just 
tells ND works over OCB.

This is in agreement with recent text adjustments suggested by 6MAN WG 
participants and further tweaked by IEEE participants.

I think it is the last changes.

Please progress the draft.

Why should it be progressed?

- we are at a point where comments lead to changes and back to initial.  
It's converged.

- I would like to move on and work on the new technologies that make use 
of this draft.

- deployments already do much of what this draft says, albeit at times a 
little bit differently (QoS).  (yet that is not a problem because QoS or 
no QoS implementations do interoperate).

Yours,

Alex

-------- Message transféré --------
Sujet : 	New Version Notification for 
draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-32.txt
Date : 	Mon, 10 Dec 2018 10:17:59 -0800
De : 	[email-masked]
Pour : 	Jerome Haerri <[email-masked]>, 
[email-masked], Jerome Haerri <[email-masked]>, 
Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>, Alexandre Petrescu 
<[email-masked]>, Nabil Benamar <[email-masked]>, 
Thierry Ernst <[email-masked]>, Jong-Hyouk Lee 
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-32.txt
has been successfully submitted by Alexandre Petrescu and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb
Revision: 32
Title: Transmission of IPv6 Packets over IEEE 802.11 Networks operating 
in mode Outside the Context of a Basic Service Set (IPv6-over-80211-OCB)
Document date: 2018-12-10
Group: ipwave
Pages: 41
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-32.txt
Status: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb/
Htmlized: 
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-32
Htmlized: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb
Diff: 
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-32

Abstract:
In order to transmit IPv6 packets on IEEE 802.11 networks running
outside the context of a basic service set (OCB, earlier "802.11p")
there is a need to define a few parameters such as the supported
Maximum Transmission Unit size on the 802.11-OCB link, the header
format preceding the IPv6 header, the Type value within it, and
others. This document describes these parameters for IPv6 and IEEE
802.11-OCB networks; it portrays the layering of IPv6 on 802.11-OCB
similarly to other known 802.11 and Ethernet layers - by using an
Ethernet Adaptation Layer.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat