Subject: Re: [iucg] Punycode Mixed-case annotation

From: JFC Morfin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 02:42:01 +0200

At 17:12 30/06/2009, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
>and, in particular, if we want to be sensitive to such upper and 
>lower case when the data comes back to us from the DNS resolver level.

Please, let not confuse :

1) the DNS layer, where you run the game the way you want according 
to your published rules, and the Application Domain Names.
2) French majuscules and upper cases.

The U-label, A-label, etc. wording IMHO helps that confusion. Is 
Ecole.fra an U-label or an A-label? All I know is that it is an 
application domain name (like in "IDNA"). Also, that if the proposed 
text does not actually document the "ecole.fra, école.fra, Ecole.fra" 
case, this case will have to be documented during the IETF/LC.

May be it is the best thing to do? so the whole IETF community may 
decide what does concern the whole community?
jfc

---

From: Vint Cerf <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 22:18:40 -0400

jefsey, it cannot be an A-label since that is defined to include  
"xn--" as a prefix.

v

On Jun 30, 2009, at 8:42 PM, JFC Morfin wrote:

> text does not actually document the "ecole.fra, école.fra,  
> Ecole.fra" case, this case will have to be documented during the  
> IETF/LC.
>
> _______________________________________________
> Idna-arabicscript mailing list
> Arabic Script IDN Working Group (ASIWG)
> [email-masked]
> http://lists.irnic.ir/mailman/listinfo/idna-arabicscript