Subject: [iucg] A very sad news,

From: jefsey <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 11:45:10 +0200

This is a shocking news for us all. Francis was a cofounder of the 
MLTF and a participant to the IUCG. His recent mission for the ITU on 
CLASSES was an important issue we supported.
jfc

>De : Ian Peter [mailto:[email-masked]]
>Envoyé : samedi 17 octobre 2009 04:56
>À : [email-masked]'; [email-masked]
>Objet : [governance] Sad news re Francis Muguet
>
>Friends, I have just received the following email. I have no further 
>details, and this must be a shock to all of us.  I would 
>particularly urge those of you closer to Francis's immediate work to 
>get in touch with his family as requested below. This is sad news indeed.
>
>Hey,
>My name is Flore MUGUET, I'm the daughter of Francis MUGUET, I'm 
>contacting you because you are his friend on Facebook. My father 
>died in Paris couple days ago and I just found out Wednesday night, 
>because I was worried that I wasn't answering my emails. It's hard 
>for me to realize, it' s happening so fast... My dad was the only 
>member of the family his side that I fully loved, trusted and 
>respected. On the other side I just have my mother. His work was so 
>important for him, I'm so sad I didn't accomplished it..
>I need a lawyer for advices, so If you know one, please contact me.
>Please get in touch with me at 
><[email-masked]>[email-masked] or +33 (0)6 82 30 26 
>70 for the funerals. I would like to have a lot of people coming..
>
>
>I have passed on to Flore condolences on behalf on those of us 
>working with Francis on Internet Governance issues, but I am sure 
>the family would like to hear from those who have worked closely 
>with Francis. Flore also asked me about Francis's work and travel 
>movements – I did mention  to her IGF and also his current project 
>with ITU – but I don't have contacts for that work, others might 
>like to pass details on.
>
>Sad news indeed. Francis was an original thinker with a great 
>devotion to these issues. It's hard to believe that he is no longer with us.
>
>Ian Peter

>From: "Tijani BEN JEMAA" <[email-masked]>
>It's indeed a very sad piece of news.
>Françis was one of the very active and committed civil society 
>actors in WSIS, and especially in its second phase.
>Françis always had his own opinion, but never was negative. Our 
>views weren't always the same, and yet, we were really good friends. 
>I feel too sad.
>I can't forget his behaviour when Jean Louis had his health problem 
>in ITU in Geneva.
>
>Now, he is away….. It's a nasty situation

>At 11:16 17/10/2009, Kleinwächter, Wolfgang wrote:
>Dear Flore
>
>I am shocked to hear from the passing away of our good great friend 
>Francis. I can not believe it.
>
>I know Francis sind 2002 when we worked together within the 
>framework of the UN World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) 
>in Geneva. He was such an active and courageous thinker, always on 
>the side of the "small people", fighting for individual human rights 
>and innovative technological developments. He stimulated so many 
>discussions with his sometimes unusal interventions and 
>perspectives. But he was a friend whom you could trusted, both in 
>the WSIS process and, after 2006, in the process of the UN sponsored 
>Internet Governance Forum (IGF).
>
>In the IGF, he was the founding father of a new "IGF Dynamic 
>Coalition on the Internet of Things" which we established together 
>in Hyderabad/India in December 2008. Just recently we worked 
>together in the preparation of an EU expert workshop on the Internet 
>of Things in Leipzig/Germany, in June 2009. He made very 
>constructive, energetic and valuable contributions in this workshop. 
>His paper was probably one of his last international 
>presentations.http://www.guarder.net/kleinwaechter/images/euronf/muguet.pdf
>
>We had a lof of plans how to use all the ideas to move forward with 
>the "IGF Dynamic Coalition on the Internet of Things" towards the 
>forthcoming 4th IGF in Sharm el Sheikh/Egypt in November 2009. Now I 
>have to learn that Francis will not with us in Sharm. What a sad 
>news. I will ask in Sharm el Sheikh the participants of the IGF to 
>give a moment of silence to Francis to remember a good friend and a 
>great Internet Governance activist. Take my deep condolences.
>
>Prof. Wolfgang Kleinwächter
>University of Aarhus