Subject: [iucg] 3166-7

From: Jefsey <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 13:37:52 +0100

What could be called the "Snowdenian Awareness" has a certain number 
of positive impacts.

1. the first one is that it makes difficult for crime without this 
being noticed to unilateraly take a faster advantage from IUCG 
contributions than the rest if the digital community. This gets rid 
of a killing weight on us. I have therefore advanced the VGN concept 
that unites all our concerns as stakeholders on an equal footing with 
ICANN, the USG, IETF in terms of technical solutions and 
digirelational governance.

2. the second one is the reason why we urgently need our full 
capacity to innovate: the IETF technology is vulnerable. NSAs 
throughout the world carry their job: it is abnormal that it can be 
so easy. It it is easy for them it is easy for competition, ennemies, 
and crime.

3. the third one (taken to the first degree only) is: why was it so 
easy for an external contractor having only signed a form to "curl 
-O" 1.7 million of secret files and to take them on a ride round the 
world. It seems that our data are better protected at Google than at 
the US NSA. This means that our processing management vision is to be 
reviewed. This calls for distributed processing, capabilities, 
information and intellition protection strategies, and a powerful 
consistent precaution doctrine for the Intelligent Systems.

The universe is a "dis/con" history between continuity and 
discontinuity. Both can be managed. Catastrophes, self-organizing 
criticallity, penetrations, etc. happen as edge effects. Everywhere 
we therefore should favor continuity and focus on fringes, building 
smart interfaces that can seamlessly extend continuity into 
discontituty and discontinuity into continuity. Architectonically 
this means to patch the edge with fringe interfaces.

In the internet we have that capacity. It is consistently documented 
through RFC 1958 and 3439 (everything which is not end to end 
datagram transmission is to be carried at the edge, and everything 
MUST be simple), RFC 5895 exemplifies how this can be carried at the 
fringe in the IDNA case and more generaly the OPES (Open Pluggable 
Edge Services) tools address the need (RFC 3238).

In the coming weeks I therefore propose you to review the whole IUCG 
concerns from a VGN point of view, associating a parallel VGNIC 
review in order to obtain an InterUse covenant that will facilitate 
the emergence of an InterTech level to seamlessly support multiple 
technologies over the internet.

Best
jfc