Subject: Re: [iucg] [Internetgovtech] NTIA/IANA transition co-ordination group

From: JFC Morfin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2014 11:39:59 +0200

At 16:28 02/07/2014, Lynn St.Amour wrote:
> > Russ is an IAB member and Chair of the IAB, and is a member of the
> > IAB's IANA Evolution program.  Lynn continued as a member of the IAB's
> > IANA Evolution program after stepping down recently as CEO of ISOC.

These appointments are certainly an extremely wise choice in regard 
to an homogenous and efficient representation of the I*stablishment.

The points now to clarify for them seem to be:

1. the consideration given to the IUsership as either a partner, a 
collateral or:and an acknowledged contingency planner.
2. ditto for the OpenStand signatorees, endorsers and supporters and ITU
3. the intent of every State and user to transition key Internet 
domain name functions to the global multistakeholder community.

Also, when I consider 
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/other-publication/2014/iana-functions-and-related-root-zone-management-transition-questions-and-answ 
I see references made to "protocol numbers and Internet numbering 
resources", but the term "address" is missing.

Have the appointees a clear understanding of what technically the NTIA is:

- actually transfering when  "the U.S. Commerce Department's National 
Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) [] announces 
its intent to transition key Internet domain name functions to the 
global multistakeholder community"

- considering as the "global multistakeholder community". Are each 
and every one included on an equal footing? Are those ones 
I*organizations and States, Provider, IUser, people? Is this the WSIS 
and Sao Paulo people centered information society? The whole 
humanity? Its whole digital ecosystem.

I believe that before discussing the stakes one should first agree 
upon the words being used to describe them.

JFC Morfin