Subject: Re: [iucg] [discuss] Update: ISOC NMI

From: JFC Morfin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 01:43:42 +0100

At 14:21 08/12/2014, Kathy Brown wrote:
>I posted an update to the ISOC community last night. I wanted to 
>share our thinking on the NETmundial Initiative with you.

Kathy,

a network MUST eventually be either (de)centralized OR distributed. 
Whatever the details, "bottom-up" and "multistakeholderism" mean 
up-centralizing through a single consensus. Looking for a single 
consensus means the intended Governance will be Be Unilaterally 
Global. This is a BUG as it opposes "permissionless innovations" 
which require a multi-consensus Governance. i.e. based upon a few 
common consensuses, including that there each community proceeds by 
local (possibly concerted) consensuses.

1. There is a unique catenet resulting from the concatenation of all 
the local networks. For decades there was a "status-quo" imposed 
consensus (through the "unique DNS root file" fairy tale) it was 
under the sole TCP/IP technology and for 16 years under the sole 
ICANN administration placed under the NTIA oversight.
2. ISOC initiated RFC 6852 acknowledges a multitechnology 
internetting paradigm where the same catenet supports a technology 
innovatve economic competition among global communities.

In RFC 6852, did not dare to clarifiy the resulting inter-technology 
governance. It seems that IAB trusts ISOC for shaping a new industry 
oriented I*Group, while the NTIA wishes ICANN to take the strategic 
lead and make forget the Dubai Governments vote. ICANN respects RFC 
6852 in working with the Brazilian Civil Society, and calling on WEF 
for advising  them on the economic requirents of reference for the 
technology - by IETF, or others. I only note that the IIC was created 
in march 2014, and the NDN consortium in Sept.

Intra-I*group feuds are not the "Internet independant innovative 
involved IETF, etc users (IUsers) main interest. They know that a 
spontaneous order will result from their permissionless autonomous 
innovative use of MYCANN-Plug-ins - within their Governments legally 
defined accountability framework and economical strategies.

JFC Morfin
Facilitator IUCG

>Kathy Brown
>
><http://www.internetsociety.org/blog/public-policy/2014/12/update-netmundial-initiative>http://www.internetsociety.org/blog/public-policy/2014/12/update-netmundial-initiative
>_______________________________________________
>discuss mailing list
>[email-masked]
>http://1net-mail.1net.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss