Subject: [jose] IETF 84 versions of JOSE and JWT specifications

From: Mike Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 06:44:58 +0000

I’ve made a minor release of the JSON WEB {Signature,Encryption,Key,Algorithms,Token} (JWS, JWE, JWK, JWA, JWT) specifications to support the working group discussions at IETF 84 in Vancouver, BC<http://www.ietf.org/meeting/84/index.html>.  This release incorporates working group feedback since the minor release on July 16th<http://self-issued.info/?p=791> and updates the lists of open issues in the JWE and JWA specifications.

The specifications are available at:

·        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-jose-json-web-signature-05

·        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-jose-json-web-encryption-05

·        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-jose-json-web-key-05

·        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-jose-json-web-algorithms-05

·        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-json-web-token-03

The document history entries (also in the specifications) are as follows:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-jose-json-web-signature-05

  *   Added statement that "StringOrURI values are compared as case-sensitive strings with no transformations or canonicalizations applied".
  *   Indented artwork elements to better distinguish them from the body text.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-jose-json-web-encryption-05

  *   Support both direct encryption using a shared or agreed upon symmetric key, and the use of a shared or agreed upon symmetric key to key wrap the CMK.
  *   Added statement that "StringOrURI values are compared as case-sensitive strings with no transformations or canonicalizations applied".
  *   Updated open issues.
  *   Indented artwork elements to better distinguish them from the body text.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-jose-json-web-key-05

  *   Indented artwork elements to better distinguish them from the body text.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-jose-json-web-algorithms-05

  *   Support both direct encryption using a shared or agreed upon symmetric key, and the use of a shared or agreed upon symmetric key to key wrap the CMK. Specifically, added the alg values dir, ECDH-ES+A128KW, and ECDH-ES+A256KW to finish filling in this set of capabilities.
  *   Updated open issues.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-json-web-token-03

  *   Added statement that "StringOrURI values are compared as case-sensitive strings with no transformations or canonicalizations applied".
  *   Indented artwork elements to better distinguish them from the body text.

                                                            -- Mike