Subject: [jose] #9: Add "spi" field

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 23:24:06 -0000

#9: Add "spi" field

 Add an optional "spi" field, containing an opaque identifier for the
 security parameters (algorithms, content keys, etc.) associated with this
 JOSE object.  When an entity receives an object containing an "spi" field
 as well as security parameters, it adds the parameters to a cache, indexed
 by the "spi" value.  When an entity receives an object with an "spi" field
 and no parameters, and it has that "spi" value in cache, then it uses the
 cached parameters to process the object.  If an entity receives an object
 of the latter type, and it does not have the "spi" value in cache, then it
 is unable to process the object.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
  [email-masked]        |  [email-masked]
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |  Milestone:
Component:  json-web-    |    Version:
  signature              |   Keywords:
 Severity:  Active WG    |
  Document               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/9>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>