Subject: [jose] #68: Section 3 - JSON Web Key (JWK) Format

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 19:36:12 -0000

#68: Section 3 - JSON Web Key (JWK) Format

 A. The first two sentences are not readable - and may be somewhat
 contradictory.  Suggested re-write as

    ""A JSON Web Key (JWK) is a JSON object.
 The members of the object represent different properties of the key.
 These properties include the value of the key, the usage of the key and so
 forth.
 This document defines a set of parameters that are not algorithm specific,
 and thus common to many keys.""

 B. member names within is ambiguous - does this mean within each
 lexicographical scope or completely?

 C. In the sentence  Additional members MAY - this may is not a protocol
 requirement.

 D. In the sentence - If not understood - please clarify what "they" is
 referring to

 E. In paragraph 3 - sentence 2/3 - First you say they may be reused - then
 you tell me they must be collision resistant - please clarify this text

 F. In paragraph 3 - This should be a reference to the registry not point
 to the section 7.1

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
  [email-masked] |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Priority:  Editorial    |  Milestone:
Component:  json-web-    |    Version:
  key                    |   Keywords:
 Severity:  -            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/68>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>