Subject: [jose] #126: Use JWA terms for inputs/outputs

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 01:52:13 -0000

#126: Use JWA terms for inputs/outputs

 JWA should have its own (or better yet standard) terms for the inputs and
 outputs of the different algorithms.  Thus Payload is better than JWS
 Payload.  The JWE/JWS drafts can then refer to these items and there will
 be a cleaner separation between the JWA specification and the JWE/JWS
 specifications.

 Doing it this way in the specification does not impose such a clean
 distinction in an implementation, but it makes it easier to use the same
 algorithms if I later were to write some thing of fancy timestamp version
 of JOSE.  The algorithm document would already be usable as I would not be
 using JWS Payload in the timestamp document (wrong term and probably
 formed incorrectly).

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
  [email-masked] |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Priority:  Editorial    |  Milestone:
Component:  json-web-    |    Version:
  algorithms             |   Keywords:
 Severity:  -            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/126>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>