Subject: [jose] #179: Section 8 Distingusihng between JWS and JWE objects

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 18:13:36 -0000

#179: Section 8 Distingusihng between JWS and JWE objects

 A.  Why is this in this document and not in the JWS document?

 B.  Is this still going to be true if we define a JWS v2 document or would
 that be required to define a new JWE update as well?

 C.  What should be said about trying to figure out what happens for
 illegal or mal-formed structures?

 D.  It has been stated that the recipients member is optional and
 therefore may not be present

 E.  Looking at the alg would seem to be difficult.  In order to figure out
 where all of the possible locations for the alg can be one needs to figure
 out if this is a JWE or a JWS before one starts.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
  [email-masked] |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Priority:  Editorial    |  Milestone:
Component:  json-web-    |    Version:
  encryption             |   Keywords:
 Severity:  -            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/179>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>