Subject: [jose] #129: Section 3.2 MAC with HMAC SHA-2 Functions

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 02:07:10 -0000

#129: Section 3.2 MAC with HMAC SHA-2 Functions

 A.  Change title "HMAC with SHA-2"

 B.  The last sentence in paragraph 1 should be placed in the JWS document
 and not here.  This may not be a true statement in the future if JWS is
 revised to include key management logic.

 C.  JWS MUST be rejected belongs in the JWS document not here  Instead it
 should say that an error is returned for the MAC validation.

 D.  Where are the security properties of MAC vs. Signature stated and
 referred to from this section?

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
  [email-masked] |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Priority:  Editorial    |  Milestone:
Component:  json-web-    |    Version:
  algorithms             |   Keywords:
 Severity:  -            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://grenache.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/129>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>