Subject: [jose] #121: Section 7.2. JWS JSON Serailziation

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 20:53:22 -0000

#121: Section 7.2. JWS JSON Serailziation

 A. As written this section is no understandable.  It needs a big re-write

 B. Don't care about the comparison statement - If anything it should be
 reversed and placed in the location where restrictions are placed and not
 in the general case solution

 C. First bullet point can be killed - it is not telling me what to do

 D. Second bullet point - This would be much more readable if you did it
 either as an outdented list or as a table that is of the form - member
 name, member description.  Could also use the same format that you used
 for header members as well

 E. The syntax example should occur before the list of fields so that
 people see the overview and can then go to the specifics.

 F. Define the signatures array and then define the elements that go into
 that array element.

 G. "Unlike the JWS Compact Serialization, in the JWS JSON Serialization"
 delete all of the - this should just document this serialization and not
 worry about comparisons

 H. Last bullet item goes in the data model description and not the
 serialization description.

 I. the MUST be present in the first sentence belongs in the description of
 the element and not here

 J. There is a difference of opinion if the signature element MUST be
 present - the bullet point "if non-empty" vs the list of required after
 the example.

 K. It is not clear that the statement that one of protected and header
 must be present - this is implied since alg must be present.

 L. There is no need to state that something is the same as is defined
 elsewhere

 M. The union should be described in the data model and not here

 N. What is the purpose of the next to last paragraph here.  I cannot
 follow what this text is trying to say.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
  [email-masked] |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |  Milestone:
Component:  json-web-    |    Version:
  signature              |   Keywords:
 Severity:  -            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://grenache.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/121>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>