Subject: [jose] #159: Section 7. Security Considerations

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 15:04:57 -0000

#159: Section 7. Security Considerations

 A.  DSS does not appear to have a security considerations section.  It is
 not clear the entire list of documents has any good reason to be
 considered in this list.  This appears to just be a shotgun approach
 rather than a considered approach.

 B.  Algorithms will be deprecated in the registry rather than removed from
 this specification

 C.  Where do I find the security considerations for use of the algorithms
 in this document?  The general statement without pointers is going to mean
 it is ignored.

 D.  Is the recommendation for matching the key size of the wrapped key and
 the wrapping key in the body of the text or is it just here?

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
  [email-masked] |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Priority:  Editorial    |  Milestone:
Component:  json-web-    |    Version:
  algorithms             |   Keywords:
 Severity:  -            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/159>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>

---

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 01:05:58 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => duplicate

Comment:

 This is an exact textual duplicate of #158.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
  [email-masked] |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  Editorial    |   Milestone:
Component:  json-web-    |     Version:
  algorithms             |  Resolution:  duplicate
 Severity:  -            |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/159#comment:1>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>