Subject: [jose] #165: Section 2. Terminology

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 16:31:26 -0000

#165: Section 2. Terminology

 A.  JSON Web Encryption -  Not suer that this needs to be defined as this
 is what the document is about.  However the current text in sentence one
 says data structure not serialization.  In sentence two describing a
 compact data model and not a json data model.

 B.  AEAD - saying two inputs makes the assumption of the model where the
 IV go into the cipher text.  It is not clear that the algorithm
 inputs/outputs needs to be done here.

 C.  Plaintext - data can be encrypted or result of decryption.  s/can
 contain/is/

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
  [email-masked] |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Priority:  Editorial    |  Milestone:
Component:  json-web-    |    Version:
  encryption             |   Keywords:
 Severity:  -            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/165>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>

---

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 16:40:10 -0000

Description changed by [email-masked]:

> C.  Plaintext - data can be encrypted or result of decryption.  s/can

New description:

 D.  Authentication tag - How an absent tag is processed does not belong
 here but in the processing world.  It could be that the tag field is
 absent for the JSON encoding.

 E.  JSON Text Object - this appears to be a definition of what JSON is
 rather than what a JSON Text Object is.

 F.  JWE Header - I have a hard time following this.  Should be described
 in the data model and not here.

 G.  JWE * - Why include the string JWE here?  Is there a difference
 between a JWE Encrypted Key and an Encrypted Key.

 H.  JWE Encrypted Key -  The second sentence can be removed - it should be
 discussed elsewhere or not at all

 I.  See similar list of comments for JWS

 J.  Direct Key Agreement - Uses both key agreement and key derivation
 function

 K.  Key Agreement w/ Key Wrapping - also uses KDF function

--

  encryption             |  Resolution:
 Keywords:               |

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/165#comment:1>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>