Subject: [jose] #69: Section 3.1 - "kty" (Key Type) Parameter

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 19:37:27 -0000

#69: Section 3.1 - "kty" (Key Type) Parameter

 A. Para #1 - Remove reference on the registry that is not where the
 registry is.

 B. Para #1 - s/use of this member is REQUIRED./The 'kty' member MUST be
 present in a JWK./
    This is a more affirmative statement of what needs to be done by the
 user and makes it easier to write the test cases at a later point.

 C. Para #2 - Potentially remove the 'where is the initial registry'
 comment

 D. Para #3 - Clarification is needed on what the additional members used
 with "kty" values are.

 E. Need to discuss that some kty values will require or recommend that
 specific members be present in the JWK.  Also need to discuss how an
 implementation is supposed to know this (i.e. is it part of the registry
 entry?).

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
  [email-masked] |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |  Milestone:
Component:  json-web-    |    Version:
  key                    |   Keywords:
 Severity:  -            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://grenache.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/69>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>