Subject: [jose] #110: Section 4.1.7 "kid" (Key ID) Header Parameter

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 20:39:53 -0000

#110: Section 4.1.7 "kid" (Key ID) Header Parameter

 A. I don't know what the word hint means here.  This may be clarified by
 addressing issue #1.  Is this supposed to be some type of machine
 processable hint?

 B. See note in JWK about interpretation is unspecified

 C. s/can be used/is used/

 D. What does it mean to signal a change of key?  This is very squishy.

 E. Why SHOULD it be treated as an error if one cannot find the key?  What
 if you can use one of the other items to find the key - the 2119 language
 should be removed and appendix dealing with finding keys should be
 written.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
  [email-masked] |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Priority:  Editorial    |  Milestone:
Component:  json-web-    |    Version:
  signature              |   Keywords:
 Severity:  -            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://grenache.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/110>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>