Subject: [jose] #71: Section 3.2 - "use" (Key Use) Parameter

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 19:39:13 -0000

#71: Section 3.2 - "use" (Key Use) Parameter

 A. What are the requirements for defining a new use string.  Is there a
 registry for this, are they supposed to be collision resistant?

 B. Use of member is OPTIONAL does not convey sufficient information. For
 whom is it optional?

 C. What happens if use is absent is not covered in the document.

 D. John Bradley made a big deal at the Berlin meeting about the fact that
 this needs to be a single value rather than a multi-value field.  The
 reasoning behind this was that allowing for multiple values was an evil
 thing.  This would imply that this is not an optional field but is, at a
 minimum a SHOULD field with heavy language about when one would not
 specify a value.  all uses (absent) is worse than some usages (multi) is
 worse than one usage (single).

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
  [email-masked] |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |  Milestone:
Component:  json-web-    |    Version:
  key                    |   Keywords:
 Severity:  -            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/71>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>