Subject: [jose] #73: Section 3.4 - "kid" (Key ID) Parameter

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 19:42:30 -0000

#73: Section 3.4 - "kid" (Key ID) Parameter

 A. The interpretation of the "kid" value is unspecified. --- This sentence
 has always lead to problems for me.  I don't have the foggiest idea of
 what this means.  I think what you really mean to say is 'The content of
 the "kid" value has no defined semantic meaning.  The "kid" value could be
 a hash of a key, a pointer to the key on the users machine, a user
 selected value or any other method.'

 B.  When can kid values within a JWK set not be unique - this needs to be
 spelled out

 C. In the last paragraph - I have big problems with the "can be used" - I
 would expect that they are used.  As currently written, it would appear
 that maybe they could be used to match some other parameter in the header.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
  [email-masked] |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |  Milestone:
Component:  json-web-    |    Version:
  key                    |   Keywords:
 Severity:  -            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://grenache.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/73>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>