Subject: [jose] #52: Require that RSA key parameters use minimum number of octets

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 22:53:41 -0000

#52: Require that RSA key parameters use minimum number of octets

 The current text allows an RSA modulus to have additional zero octets at
 the beginning of the modulus.  This is confusing, and could lead to
 implementations thinking that the key is longer than it actually is.
 Also, it is slightly ambiguous how to encode RSA parameters whose bit
 length is not a multiple of 8.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]   |      Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
     Type:  defect       |  [email-masked]
 Priority:  major        |     Status:  new
Component:  json-web-    |  Milestone:
  algorithms             |    Version:
 Severity:  -            |   Keywords:
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/52>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>