Subject: [jose] #77: Section 3.7 "x5c" (X.509 Certificate Chain) Parameter

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 19:47:04 -0000

#77: Section 3.7 "x5c" (X.509 Certificate Chain) Parameter

 A. Why are these base64 encoded and not base64url encoded?  This would
 appear to break the Mike Jones rule that there be only one way to do
 things.  I.e. you should not have two base64 encoding algorithms.

 B. What happens if the chain is out of order?

 C. What happens if this is not a complete chain?

 D. Eliminate the word "bare" as it is not useful.

 E. There are additional requirements imposed on the representation of
 members in the JWK and the contents of the certificate.  For example the
 use and alg need to be compatible.

 F.  There is a violation of the one way to do things rule here - x5u
 produces a PEM encoded item while this is an array of things.  Does this
 need to be resolved/explained?

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
  [email-masked] |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Priority:  Editorial    |  Milestone:
Component:  json-web-    |    Version:
  key                    |   Keywords:
 Severity:  -            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/77>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>