Subject: [jose] #97: Section 2 - Terminology

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 20:24:18 -0000

#97: Section 2 - Terminology

 A. Not clear that JWS needs to be defined here as that is what the
 document is defining

 B. JSON Text Object - this is what JSON is by definition - caveat the
 UTF-8.  What is the purpose of this

 C. How many of the JWS FOO headers are actually defined as differently
 from FOO?  For example, what is the difference between JWS Payload and
 Payload?  If none then the JWS should be killed as it just add confusion.

 D. JWS Payload - s/The payload can contain an/The payload is an/

 E. JWS Signature - you don't need to do more than give a hint about what
 this is.  There is no reason to have a complete definition of how to
 compute the signature value here.

 F. JWS Protected header - The last two paragraphs go into the
 serialization section and not here.  if not adopted then
        s/comprises the entire/is identical to/
        s/one component of/is one header parameter in/

 G. Header Parameter Name - delete this as it is obvious

 H. Header Parameter Value - delete this as it is obvious

 I. Kill the following?:
         Encoded JWS Payload
         Encoded JWS Signature
         Encoded JWS Header

 J. JWS Signing Input - Kill this as it is only needed in section 7 - else
 just tell me what it is and not how to construct it.

 K. JWS Compact Serialization - tell me what it is not how to construct it.

 L. JWS JSON Serialization - tell me what it is and now how it differs from
 compact - that is what section 7 is for

 M. Collision Resistant Namespace - this is way too long - delete
 everything after the first sentence except potentially for the sentence
 with examples.

 N. StringOrURI - s/MAY/can/

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
  [email-masked] |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Priority:  Editorial    |  Milestone:
Component:  json-web-    |    Version:
  signature              |   Keywords:
 Severity:  -            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://grenache.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/97>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>