Subject: [jose] #72: Section 3.3 - "alg" (Algorithm) Parameter

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 19:40:45 -0000

#72: Section 3.3 - "alg" (Algorithm) Parameter

 A. This should not be tied to specific fields in the JWS and JWE
 structures.  If I define a new item then I want it to apply to that item
 as well.

 B. Registry is not in JWA - it is on iana.org

 C. Use of member is OPTIONAL does not convey sufficient information. For
 whom is it optional?

 D. What happens if use is absent is not covered in the document.

 E. John Bradley made a big deal at the Berlin meeting about the fact that
 this needs to be a single value rather than a multi-value field.  The
 reasoning behind this was that allowing for multiple values was an evil
 thing.  This would imply that this is not an optional field but is, at a
 minimum a SHOULD field with heavy language about when one would not
 specify a value.  all uses (absent) is worse than some usages (multi) is
 worse than one usage (single).

 F. Need a statement if the alg is not a known algorithm by the consumer of
 the JWK

 G. Need a statement if there are other members that must be included if an
 alg is specfied

 H. Need a statement if there are members missing that must be included
 about what to do with this JWK.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
  [email-masked] |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |  Milestone:
Component:  json-web-    |    Version:
  key                    |   Keywords:
 Severity:  -            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://grenache.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/72>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>