Subject: [jose] #141: Concat should have it's own section

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 02:59:59 -0000

#141: Concat should have it's own section

 The Concat algorithm should be defined in its own section and should have
 all of the NIST parameters defined for it so that it can just be
 referenced by any other algorithm definition that wants to use it (for
 example ECDH-SS).

 This means that there are number of things that need to be added to the
 defintions used:

 1.  Need to specify length prefixing on apu, apv, publicInfo and
 privateInfo

 2.  Need to have a nonce for the static-static case

 3.  Need to specify how to combine nonce into the apu field.

 4.  Potentially define default values for the apu and apv if not present
 and describe the restrictions that result from this.  "Sender" and
 "Receiver" are good default strings.  Restriction is that they need to be
 swapped if keys are being derived for both directions on a single key
 management operation (following messages would be done with direct).

 5.  Alg names used must have a length built into the algorithm name

 6.  APU and APV values MUST be distinct - fail concat if they are not.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
  [email-masked] |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |  Milestone:
Component:  json-web-    |    Version:
  algorithms             |   Keywords:
 Severity:  -            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://grenache.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/141>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>

---

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 03:03:40 -0000

#141: Section 4.7.2 Concat should have it's own section

Description changed by [email-masked]:

> 6.  APU and APV values MUST be distinct - fail concat if they are not.

New description:

 5.  Alg names used must have a key length built into the algorithm name
 and need to be string lengh prefixed.

 7.  Make APU and APV as parameters of concat not ECDH

 8.  The last paragraph in the section could either be deleted or
 simplified down to just saying they are different without all of the full
 detail.

--

  algorithms             |  Resolution:
 Keywords:               |

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/141#comment:1>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>