Subject: [jose] #101: Discussion on evaluation of multiple signers is missing from the document

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 20:27:25 -0000

#101: Discussion on evaluation of multiple signers is missing from the document

 There needs to be a section that describes the fact that multiple
 signatures can occur and how to deal with this fact.  There are going to
 be two general ways approaches that are used: one signature validating is
 sufficient or all signatures need to validate.  This choice is generally
 made by the application and not the library for evaluation.

    As part of this, all of the locations in this document that say "If ...
 then the JWS MUST be rejected" need to be modified as only the signature
 that is being validated is going to be rejected and not the entirety of
 the JWS object.

    As part of this discussion, there perhaps should be a discussion of
 what types of rejection are to be dealt with.  Something not being
 validated because the algorithm is not understood may be treated
 differently than the

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
  [email-masked] |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |  Milestone:
Component:  json-web-    |    Version:
  signature              |   Keywords:
 Severity:  -            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://grenache.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/101>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>