Subject: [jose] #115: Section 5.1. Message Signing or MACin

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 20:46:53 -0000

#115: Section 5.1. Message Signing or MACin

 A.  Change title s/MACing/MAC generation/

 B.  Delete step 1 - this should be a separate section that discusses how
 applications need to do the preparation work for the payload.  This is an
 application process and is not something that a JOSE library can do.  Text
 for a candidate of this text was sent to the mailing list some time ago.

 C. Step 3 - This step as written is not dealing with the fact that the
 header contains information that is both protected and unprotected - thus
 making it two different headers from a conceptual point of view.

 D. Step 4 - The discussion of why it would not be present is not needed
 here.

 E. Step 5 - Define a set of standardized terms in the JWA document for the
 input parameters for a signing/MAC document and write this in terms of
 that.

 F. Step 5 - The requirement that the alg parameter must be present belong
 in the alg parameter and not here.

 G. Step 6 - Delete this step - it belongs in the serialization description

 H. Step 7 - Delete this step - it belongs in the serialization description

 I. Step 8 - This step should really be moved forward in the document.  If
 it remains at this location in the document then it should say which steps
 are being repeated for each signer.

 J. Step 9 - Delete this step - this is all serialization description

 K. Step 9 - Replace with - use the intermediate values generated to create
 the desired serialization. (See section 7 for serialization descriptions)

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
  [email-masked] |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |  Milestone:
Component:  json-web-    |    Version:
  signature              |   Keywords:
 Severity:  -            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://grenache.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/115>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>