Subject: [jose] #161: 7.2 Password Considerations

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 15:08:35 -0000

#161: 7.2 Password Considerations

 I don't think that most people are going to understand what the difference
 would be between the PRF block size and the PRF output size.  This
 recommendation needs to be included in the text about the use of the
 algorithms if we believe this is true.  That is we need to state the block
 size for each of the PRF algorithms

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
  [email-masked] |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Priority:  Editorial    |  Milestone:
Component:  json-web-    |    Version:
  algorithms             |   Keywords:
 Severity:  -            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/161>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>

---

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 15:09:53 -0000

Description changed by [email-masked]:

Old description:

> I don't think that most people are going to understand what the
> difference would be between the PRF block size and the PRF output size.
> This recommendation needs to be included in the text about the use of the
> algorithms if we believe this is true.  That is we need to state the
> block size for each of the PRF algorithms

New description:

 A. I don't think that most people are going to understand what the
 difference would be between the PRF block size and the PRF output size.
 This recommendation needs to be included in the text about the use of the
 algorithms if we believe this is true.  That is we need to state the block
 size for each of the PRF algorithms

 B.  The last paragraph in this section basically says that it cannot be
 used for any offline storage of a key as this allows for indefinite number
 of attempts to circumvent the protection.

--

  algorithms             |  Resolution:
 Keywords:               |

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/161#comment:1>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>