Subject: [jose] #62: State serializations in terms of components

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 23:02:43 -0000

#62: State serializations in terms of components

 The compact and JSON serializations need to be stated in terms of the
 logical components described above.  Namely:

 * JWS
     * Compact: protected.payload.signature
     * JSON: { "unprotected", "protected", "payload", "signature" }
 * JWE
     * Compact: protected.key.iv.ct.tag
     * JSON: { "unprotected", "protected", "encrypted_key", "iv",
 "ciphertext", "tag" }

 The compact sections can also describe simplifications to the processing
 algorithms for a compact-only implementation, e.g., not splitting headers
 or re-base64-encoding.  The JSON sections can describe the multiple-
 signer/recipient schemes.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]   |      Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
     Type:  defect       |  [email-masked]
 Priority:  major        |     Status:  new
Component:  json-web-    |  Milestone:
  encryption             |    Version:
 Severity:  -            |   Keywords:
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/62>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>