Subject: Re: [jose] #171: Section 4.1.3 "zip" (Compression Algorithm) Header Parameter

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2013 18:41:41 -0000

#171: Section 4.1.3 "zip" (Compression Algorithm) Header Parameter

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => wontfix

Old description:

> A.  Should compression be allowed for JWS?
>
> * WON'T FIX - Mike says this was discussed and resolved - I don't
> remember doing so and it seems dumb that we don't support this.
>
> B.  Redundant statement "If no 'zip' parameter..." and should be removed.
> This is implicit.
>
> C.  Raise the head of the argument from Richard about does this need to
> be integrity protected.
>
> * WON'T FIX - Mike claims that EKR said it needed to be protected.  I
> can't see any reason why it would make any difference as the content will
> either be understandable or not when decrypted.  If I remember I might
> ask EKR directly at the next meeting.

New description:

 A.  Should compression be allowed for JWS?

 * WON'T FIX - Mike says this was discussed and resolved - I don't remember
 doing so and it seems dumb that we don't support this.

 B.  Redundant statement "If no 'zip' parameter..." and should be removed.
 This is implicit.

 * Wont Fix

 C.  Raise the head of the argument from Richard about does this need to be
 integrity protected.

 * WON'T FIX - Mike claims that EKR said it needed to be protected.  I
 can't see any reason why it would make any difference as the content will
 either be understandable or not when decrypted.  If I remember I might ask
 EKR directly at the next meeting.

--

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
  [email-masked] |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  Editorial    |   Milestone:
Component:  json-web-    |     Version:
  encryption             |  Resolution:  wontfix
 Severity:  -            |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/171#comment:3>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>