Subject: Re: [jose] #84: Section 7.1 JSON Web Key Parameters Registry

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 02:19:07 -0000

#84: Section 7.1 JSON Web Key Parameters Registry

Description changed by [email-masked]:

Old description:

> A. This section is missing any mention of criteria by which an expert is
> to determine if the registration makes any sense.
>
> B. I have a problem with the word reserved.  To me this is not the same
> as "reserved word" used in computer languages.  To me this implies
> something that is set aside for future use.  This is not consistent with
> how the word is used in this content.  In the case of the first sentence
> it can just be deleted.  You have a registry for JWK parameter names.
>
> C. Is it permissible for a "private" field to be registered without a
> public specification attached to it?  It would appear not, but this may
> be desirable behavior in the future.

New description:

 A. This section is missing any mention of criteria by which an expert is
 to determine if the registration makes any sense.

 B. I have a problem with the word reserved.  To me this is not the same as
 "reserved word" used in computer languages.  To me this implies something
 that is set aside for future use.  This is not consistent with how the
 word is used in this content.  In the case of the first sentence it can
 just be deleted.  You have a registry for JWK parameter names.

 * FIXED

 C. Is it permissible for a "private" field to be registered without a
 public specification attached to it?  It would appear not, but this may be
 desirable behavior in the future.

--

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
  [email-masked] |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |   Milestone:
Component:  json-web-    |     Version:
  key                    |  Resolution:
 Severity:  -            |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/84#comment:1>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>