Subject: Re: [jose] #102: Section 4.1.1. "alg" (Algorithm) Header Parameter

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 02:01:26 -0000

#102: Section 4.1.1. "alg" (Algorithm) Header Parameter

Description changed by [email-masked]:

Old description:

> A. s/a value that contains a Collision Resistant Namespace/a value from a
> Collision Resistant Namespace/
>
> B. Does there need to be something said about how a name space is going
> to be identified?  If I point an OID into the value, there is no way for
> a simplistic item to know that this is not a registered named rather than
> a value from a namespace.  This is going to be an issue that needs to be
> covered in the designated experts guidelines.
>
> C. Don't use a reference for the registry as this is IANA.  Don't need to
> say where the initial contents are coming from in this document.

New description:

 A. s/a value that contains a Collision Resistant Namespace/a value from a
 Collision Resistant Namespace/

 * FIXED

 B. Does there need to be something said about how a name space is going to
 be identified?  If I point an OID into the value, there is no way for a
 simplistic item to know that this is not a registered named rather than a
 value from a namespace.  This is going to be an issue that needs to be
 covered in the designated experts guidelines.

 C. Don't use a reference for the registry as this is IANA.  Don't need to
 say where the initial contents are coming from in this document.

--

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
  [email-masked] |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  new
 Priority:  Editorial    |   Milestone:
Component:  json-web-    |     Version:
  signature              |  Resolution:
 Severity:  -            |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/102#comment:1>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>