Subject: Re: [jose] #85: Section 7.1.1. Registration Template

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 03:52:38 -0000

#85: Section 7.1.1. Registration Template

Description changed by [email-masked]:

Old description:

> A. SHOULD NOT is not acceptable in a template.  This needs to be a
> positive statement.  If it is a SHOULD then reasons for exceptions MUST
> be detailed out for the experts and IANA.
>
> B. For the Parameter Information Class - what is the purpose of having
> this field in the registry?  Why is this information defined someplace
> other than the specification?  (Note that if the suggestion to use
> private as a JSON object is accepted then this makes lots of sense.)
>
> C. S/IETF/IESG/ for change controller.
>     The IESG should be for all IESG documents independent of track.
>
> D. There should be a ktyp field in the template so that a mechanical
> check for duplication of entries can be done.

New description:

 A. SHOULD NOT is not acceptable in a template.  This needs to be a
 positive statement.  If it is a SHOULD then reasons for exceptions MUST be
 detailed out for the experts and IANA.

 * FIXED

 B. For the Parameter Information Class - what is the purpose of having
 this field in the registry?  Why is this information defined someplace
 other than the specification?  (Note that if the suggestion to use private
 as a JSON object is accepted then this makes lots of sense.)

 * WON'T FIX

 C. S/IETF/IESG/ for change controller.
     The IESG should be for all IESG documents independent of track.

 * FIXED

 D. There should be a ktyp field in the template so that a mechanical check
 for duplication of entries can be done.

 * Partial fix - need to make the uniqueness language on the name take into
 account the kty value.

--

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
  [email-masked] |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |   Milestone:
Component:  json-web-    |     Version:
  key                    |  Resolution:
 Severity:  -            |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/85#comment:1>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>

---

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 13:43:56 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Old description:

> * Partial fix - need to make the uniqueness language on the name take
> into account the kty value.

New description:

 * FIXED

 * WON'T FIX

 * FIXED

 * Partial fix - need to make the uniqueness language on the name take into
 account the kty value.
 * FIXED - language is in section 7.1

--

     Type:  defect       |      Status:  closed
  key                    |  Resolution:  fixed

Ticket URL: <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/85#comment:2>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>