Subject: Re: [jose] #107: Section 4.1.5 "x5t" (X.509 Certificate Thumbprint) Header Parameter

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 04:58:27 -0000

#107: Section 4.1.5 "x5t" (X.509 Certificate Thumbprint) Header Parameter

Description changed by [email-masked]:

Old description:

> A. s/the DER/a DER/
>
> B. What happens if this is not a DER encoded certificate?
>
> C. Does not imply trust in the certificate by being here
>
> D. Certificate path building and path validation
>
> E. Change the title to reflect that it is a SHA-1 thumbprint

New description:

 A. s/the DER/a DER/

 * Won't Fix - Issue is definitive article vs non-definitive article.

 B. What happens if this is not a DER encoded certificate?

 * Won't Fix - THis is normal language, but is known to have problem if
 there are certificates presented that are BER encoded rather than DER
 encoded.  This has been a problem found in the past, but most libraries
 just validate the signature on the bytes presented so it is not a huge
 issue.

 C. Does not imply trust in the certificate by being here

 * Fixed - kind of by #104.

 D. Certificate path building and path validation

 E. Change the title to reflect that it is a SHA-1 thumbprint

 * Fixed.

--

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
  [email-masked] |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |   Milestone:
Component:  json-web-    |     Version:
  signature              |  Resolution:
 Severity:  -            |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/107#comment:1>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>