Subject: Re: [jose] #179: Section 8 Distingusihng between JWS and JWE objects

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 01:53:14 -0000

#179: Section 8 Distingusihng between JWS and JWE objects

Description changed by [email-masked]:

Old description:

> A.  Why is this in this document and not in the JWS document?
>
> B.  Is this still going to be true if we define a JWS v2 document or
> would that be required to define a new JWE update as well?
>
> C.  What should be said about trying to figure out what happens for
> illegal or mal-formed structures?
>
> D.  It has been stated that the recipients member is optional and
> therefore may not be present
>
> E.  Looking at the alg would seem to be difficult.  In order to figure
> out where all of the possible locations for the alg can be one needs to
> figure out if this is a JWE or a JWS before one starts.

New description:

 A.  Why is this in this document and not in the JWS document?

 B.  Is this still going to be true if we define a JWS v2 document or would
 that be required to define a new JWE update as well?

 C.  What should be said about trying to figure out what happens for
 illegal or mal-formed structures?

 D.  It has been stated that the recipients member is optional and
 therefore may not be present

 * WON'T FIX - This is no longer true it was in mail and not in the
 document

 E.  Looking at the alg would seem to be difficult.  In order to figure out
 where all of the possible locations for the alg can be one needs to figure
 out if this is a JWE or a JWS before one starts.

--

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
  [email-masked] |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  new
 Priority:  Editorial    |   Milestone:
Component:  json-web-    |     Version:
  encryption             |  Resolution:
 Severity:  -            |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/179#comment:1>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>