Subject: Re: [jose] #169: Section 4.1.1 "alg" (Algorithm) Header Parameter

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2013 19:16:47 -0000

#169: Section 4.1.1 "alg" (Algorithm) Header Parameter

Description changed by [email-masked]:

Old description:

> A.  See comments for JWS
>
> B.  para 1 - s/identifies a/identifies the/
>
> * FIXED
>
> C.  Text does not recognize the multiple recipient case in rejecting the
> JWE
>
> * FIXED
>
> D.  SHOULD seems to not be 2119 - also what are the conditions where the
> SHOULD can be violated.
>
> E.  I need to find where it was the case (think it was implicit direct)
> but there were some cases where I thought that the alg could be omitted
> based on emails.
>
> F.  Kill reference on the registry - The initial population is ok for
> that.
>
> * probably is WON'T FIX

New description:

 A.  See comments for JWS (Issue #102)

 B.  para 1 - s/identifies a/identifies the/

 * FIXED

 C.  Text does not recognize the multiple recipient case in rejecting the
 JWE

 * FIXED

 D.  SHOULD seems to not be 2119 - also what are the conditions where the
 SHOULD can be violated.

 E.  I need to find where it was the case (think it was implicit direct)
 but there were some cases where I thought that the alg could be omitted
 based on emails.

 * WONT FIX - the documents do not allow this, there was a thread which has
 since been repudiated that said it was allowed.

 F.  Kill reference on the registry - The initial population is ok for
 that.

 * probably is WON'T FIX

--

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
  [email-masked] |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  new
 Priority:  Editorial    |   Milestone:
Component:  json-web-    |     Version:
  encryption             |  Resolution:
 Severity:  -            |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/169#comment:2>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>

---

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 01:33:13 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Old description:

> * WONT FIX - the documents do not allow this, there was a thread which
> has since been repudiated that said it was allowed.
>

New description:

 * FIXED

 * FIXED

 * FIXED

 * probably is WON'T FIX

--

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
  [email-masked] |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  Editorial    |   Milestone:
Component:  json-web-    |     Version:
  encryption             |  Resolution:  fixed
 Severity:  -            |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/169#comment:3>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>