Subject: [jose] Last Call: <draft-ietf-jose-json-web-signature-31.txt> (JSON Web Signature (JWS)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 08:37:19 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Javascript Object Signing and
Encryption WG (jose) to consider the following document:
- 'JSON Web Signature (JWS)'
  <draft-ietf-jose-json-web-signature-31.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-09-03. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   JSON Web Signature (JWS) represents content secured with digital
   signatures or Message Authentication Codes (MACs) using JavaScript
   Object Notation (JSON) based data structures.  Cryptographic
   algorithms and identifiers for use with this specification are
   described in the separate JSON Web Algorithms (JWA) specification and
   an IANA registry defined by that specification.  Related encryption
   capabilities are described in the separate JSON Web Encryption (JWE)
   specification.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-jose-json-web-signature/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-jose-json-web-signature/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1969/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1963/