Subject: [jose] Last Call: <draft-ietf-jose-json-web-encryption-31.txt> (JSON Web Encryption (JWE)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 08:38:36 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Javascript Object Signing and
Encryption WG (jose) to consider the following document:
- 'JSON Web Encryption (JWE)'
  <draft-ietf-jose-json-web-encryption-31.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-09-03. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   JSON Web Encryption (JWE) represents encrypted content using
   JavaScript Object Notation (JSON) based data structures.
   Cryptographic algorithms and identifiers for use with this
   specification are described in the separate JSON Web Algorithms (JWA)
   specification and IANA registries defined by that specification.
   Related digital signature and MAC capabilities are described in the
   separate JSON Web Signature (JWS) specification.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-jose-json-web-encryption/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-jose-json-web-encryption/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.