Subject: [jose] RFC 7516 on JSON Web Encryption (JWE)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 16:41:03 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7516

        Title:      JSON Web Encryption (JWE) 
        Author:     M. Jones, J. Hildebrand
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      51
        Characters: 108322
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-jose-json-web-encryption-40.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7516

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7516

JSON Web Encryption (JWE) represents encrypted content using JSON-based data
structures.  Cryptographic algorithms and identifiers for
use with this specification are described in the separate JSON Web
Algorithms (JWA) specification and IANA registries defined by that
specification.  Related digital signature and Message Authentication
Code (MAC) capabilities are described in the separate JSON Web
Signature (JWS) specification.

This document is a product of the Javascript Object Signing and Encryption Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC