Subject: [jose] Fwd: Strawman on EdDSA/Ed25519 for PKIX Certificate/CRLs

From: Anders Rundgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2015 21:23:07 +0200

This work should be coordinated with JOSE as well.
I would prefer separate key types also for JOSE rather than overloading "EC".

Anders

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [pkix] Strawman on EdDSA/Ed25519 for PKIX Certificate/CRLs
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2015 14:22:06 +0200
From: Simon Josefsson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

Hi,

There has been discussion on the TLS list about supporting EdDSA as a
new public-key digital signature algorithm.  To do that you need X.509
certificates with EdDSA public keys in them.  To get the ball rolling on
what it would involve to make this happen, I have started working on a
document on this:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-josefsson-tls-ed25519-00

What I'm looking for here is review from PKIX experts to identify what
is missing from this document to make it implementable.

Please consider this an experiment to see what kind of specification
activity it would require to make EdDSA certs a reality.

If anyone wants to provide feedback in the form of merge requests or
issues in a bug tracker, please see the repository I created around
this document:

https://gitlab.com/jas/ietf-pkix-eddsa

Thanks,
/Simon