Subject: Re: [KAML] latest status

From: "Josh Howlett" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 16:02:31 -0000

> but there are 
> other missing pieces, some of which Josh Howlett and Thomas 
> Hardjono have been proposing to the OASIS TC, such as 
> representing tickets as a new subject confirmation method and 
> expressing principal and service names within ds:KeyInfo.

Specifically:

 - Kerberos Subject Confirmation Method: to allow a relying party to
confirm an attesting party using Kerberos.
 - Kerberos Attribute Profile: primarily, to enable a SAML requestor to
obtain a Kerberos AP-REQ for named user and service principals.
 - Kerberos Web Browser SSO Profile: primarily, to profile the use of
the Kerberos Subject Confirmation Method within the Web SSO Profile.

The primary use-cases are:
 - to improve the usability and level of assurance in the security
context of a Web SSO session.
 - to provide Kerberos-based evidence for AuthZ decisions, for the
single and n-tier cases (including web services).
 - to establish Kerberos-based trust between SAML entities, rather than
the more typical use of PKI.

josh.

JANET(UK) is a trading name of The JNT Association, a company limited
by guarantee which is registered in England under No. 2881024 
and whose Registered Office is at Lumen House, Library Avenue,
Harwell Science and Innovation Campus, Didcot, Oxfordshire. OX11 0SG