Subject: [karp] I-D Action: draft-ietf-karp-threats-reqs-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 06:00:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Keying and Authentication for Routing Protocols Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : The Threat Analysis and Requirements for Cryptographic Authentication of Routing Protocols&#39; Transports
	Author(s)       : Gregory Lebovitz
                          Manav Bhatia
                          Russ White
	Filename        : draft-ietf-karp-threats-reqs-03.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2011-06-18

   Different routing protocols exist and each employs its own mechanism
   for securing the protocol packets on the wire.  While most already
   have some method for accomplishing cryptographic message
   authentication, in many cases the existing methods are dated,
   vulnerable to attack, and employ cryptographic algorithms that have
   been deprecated.  The &quot;Keying and Authentication for Routing
   Protocols&quot; (KARP) effort aims to overhaul and improve these
   mechanisms.

   This document has two main parts - the first describes the threat
   analysis for attacks against routing protocols&#39; transports and the
   second enumerates the requirements for addressing the described
   threats.  This document, along with the KARP design guide will be
   used by KARP design teams for specific protocol review and overhaul.
   This document reflects the input of both the IETF&#39;s Security Area and
   Routing Area in order to form a jointly agreed upon guidance.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-karp-threats-reqs-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-karp-threats-reqs-03.txt