Subject: [karp] New Version Notification for draft-chunduri-karp-kmp-router-fingerprints-01.txt

From: Uma Chunduri <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 14:53:10 -0400

Dear WG,

We have updated the KARP-Fingerprint authentication document by taking care specific 
comments we got when we presented this draft last IETF. 
We would be thankful for further comments and feedback on this.

Uma and  Albert

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2012 10:34 AM
To: Uma Chunduri

A new version of I-D, draft-chunduri-karp-kmp-router-fingerprints-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Uma Chunduri and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-chunduri-karp-kmp-router-fingerprints
Revision:	 01
Title:		 KARP KMP: Simplified Peer Authentication
Creation date:	 2012-10-05
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 10

Abstract:
   This document describes the usage of Router Fingerprint
   Authentication (RFA) with public keys as a potential peer
   authentication method with KARP Key Management Protocol (KMP).  The
   advantage of RFA is, neither it requires out-of-band, mutually
   agreeable symmetric keys nor a full PKI based system (trust anchor or
   CA certificates) for mutual authentication of the peers with KARP KMP
   deployments.  Usage of Router Fingerprints give a significant
   operational improvement from symmetric key based systems and yet
   provide a secure authentication technique.

The IETF Secretariat