Subject: [karp] Last Call: <draft-ietf-karp-crypto-key-table-07.txt> (Database of Long-Lived Symmetric Cryptographic Keys) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 11:06:51 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Keying and Authentication for
Routing Protocols WG (karp) to consider the following document:
- 'Database of Long-Lived Symmetric Cryptographic Keys'
  <draft-ietf-karp-crypto-key-table-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-04-29. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies the information contained in a conceptual
   database of long-lived cryptographic keys used by many different
   security protocols.  The database is designed to support both manual
   and automated key management.  In addition to describing the schema
   for the database, this document describes the operations that can be
   performed on the database as well as the requirements for the
   security protocols that wish to use the database.  In many typical
   scenarios, the security protocols do not directly use the long-lived
   key, but rather a key derivation function is used to derive a short-
   lived key from a long-lived key.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-karp-crypto-key-table/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-karp-crypto-key-table/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.