Subject: [karp] Document Action: 'Analysis of BGP, LDP, PCEP and MSDP Issues According to KARP Design Guide' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-karp-routing-tcp-analysis-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2013 07:15:11 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Analysis of BGP, LDP, PCEP and MSDP Issues According to KARP Design
   Guide'
  (draft-ietf-karp-routing-tcp-analysis-07.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Keying and Authentication for Routing
Protocols Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Stewart Bryant and Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-karp-routing-tcp-analysis/

Technical Summary

This document analyzes TCP based routing protocols, Border Gateway
Protocol (BGP) [RFC4271], Label Distribution Protocol (LDP)
[RFC5036], Path Computation Element Protocol (PCEP) [RFC5440], and
Multicast Source Distribution Protocol (MSDP) [RFC3618] according to
guidelines set forth in section 4.2 of Keying and Authentication for
Routing Protocols Design Guidelines [RFC6518].

Working Group Summary

The working group was happy with this document.  Joe Touch expressed
concerns about the descriptions of TCP-MD5 and TCP-AO.  All the specific
concerns he raised have been addressed, but his comments suggest that he
may have additional unspecified concerns.

Document Quality

This document has been reviewed by the Working Group and by the
chairs.  It does a good job laying out both the common issues across the
protocols it analyses, and the protocol specific issues.  The level of
detail is appropriate to the working group goals as laid out in the
charter and the guidelines document. 

Personnel

Joel Halpern is the document shepherd.  Stewart Bryant is the
responsible Area Director. 

RFC Editor Note

The rather terse and "non-standard" IANA section should be interpreted
as "This document makes no IANA requests, and the RFC Editor may
consider deleting this section on publication of this document as 
a RFC." 

Please move reference RFC6863 to the normative section.