Subject: [karp] RFC 7210 on Database of Long-Lived Symmetric Cryptographic Keys

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 15:27:46 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7210

        Title:      Database of Long-Lived Symmetric Cryptographic Keys 
        Authors:    R. Housley, T. Polk, S. Hartman, D. Zhang
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 32642
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-karp-crypto-key-table-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7210.txt

This document specifies the information contained in a conceptual database 
of long-lived cryptographic keys used by many different routing protocols 
for message security.  The database is designed to support both manual and
automated key management.  In addition to describing the schema for the
database, this document describes the operations that can be performed on 
the database as well as the requirements for the routing protocols that 
wish to use the database.  In many typical scenarios, the protocols do not 
directly use the long-lived key, but rather a key derivation function is 
used to derive a short-lived key from a long-lived key.

This document is a product of the Keying and Authentication for Routing Protocols Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC