Subject: [KEYPROV] [PSKC] meeting minutes 14/11/07

From: "Philip Hoyer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 12:54:46 +0100

Attendees: Phillip Hallam-Baker [PHB], Ming Pei, Philip Hoyer      

*	Discussed question about URI in attribute or element. PHB things
it is only matter of taste no best practice. So decision to leave for
now.
*	Submission of new spec, Ming will check current document and fix
examples over week end and submit.
*	Discussion about URI definition, where to put definition, in
original algorithm draft in keyprov documents or in the new draft from
Hallam Baker. PHB not really important where but that it is done.
Objective is to create new IANA registry for algorithms. Maybe better to
note the use of the algorithm in the keyprov drafts. PHB preference
using existing identifier without creating new ones. What do we do about
HOTP do we use OATH? Better not since HOTP now is RFC. [Ming] what about
internal structure. [PHB] do not create internal structure. [Ming]
should we use URN or URL? What about HOTP should the URL to the RFC?
[PHB] need to check what is preferred in IETF, there is no right or
wrong?
*	ACTION PHB to check what is best practice with IETF
*	What about namespace, currently we use URN. What is PHB opinion,
currently stick with URN. [PHB] prefers URN because of operational
issues since if URL are used some implementation pull the xsd. It makes
sense that for algorithms there is no need to pull the algorithm.

________________________________

Philip Hoyer 

Senior Architect - Office of CTO

ActivIdentity (UK)

109 Borough High Street

London SE1 1NL

Telephone: +44 (0) 20 7744 6248

Direct: +44 (0) 20 7744 6455

Fax: +44 (0) 20 7744 6249

Private and confidential: This message and any attachments may contain

privileged / confidential information. If you are not an intended
recipient,

you must not copy, distribute, discuss or take any action in reliance on
it.

If you have received this communication in error, please notify the
sender

and delete this message immediately.

_______________________________________________
KEYPROV mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/keyprov