Subject: [KEYPROV] [issue34] Authentication Code Format

From: Andrea Doherty <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 22:34:31 +0000

New submission from Andrea Doherty <[email-masked]>:

After some discussion on the mailing list, it appears that the current way of 
defining the Authentication Code (AUTHCODE) is too specific for DSKPP, and that 
it would be better to make the code more extensible/flexible for the 
application.  Currently, the document (see Section 5.3.3) specifies the format 
of AUTHCODE to be:
AUTHCODE = passwordLen || identifier || password || checksum

Two alternative proposals are:
(1) Use TLV for the format of AUTHCODE
 E.g. Tag = 0x01 = password
      Tag = 0x02 = identifier
      Tag = 0x03 = checksum
and then use one (or two) byte(s) to indicate the length of the V(alue) 
field?

(2) AuthCode = Code  (unformatted)
  The spec always asks for an ID and code. ID field will be placed in ClientID 
element and Code is used to generate hash data for the AuthenticationData. It 
is up to a service vendor how they will pass ID and code together or separately 
to its end users and how they will choose to input to a client.

----------
assignedto: mpei
messages: 83
nosy: andrea, keyprov, mpei
priority: critical
status: chatting
title: Authentication Code Format

_________________________________________________________
KEYPROV Roundup Issue Tracker <[email-masked]>
<http://www.tschofenig.priv.at:8080/keyprov/issue34>
_________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________
KEYPROV mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/keyprov