Subject: [KEYPROV] Summary of discussion

From: "Doherty, Andrea" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 18:29:22 -0500

Mingliang Pei, Salah Machani, and I met via phone to discuss open
issues.  Our plan is to continue on Tuesday Nov 20 at 1PM ET (if
interested in participating, please let me know and I'll forward call-in
info).

In summary, we discussed the issues in the attached spreadsheet (this is
a roll-up of what is in the Issue Tracker).  In particular, we focused
on DSKPP and agreed that Issue #8, #10, #11, #14 were closed.  We also
discussed the AuthenticationData element, particularly the format of the
Authentication Code.  A new issue (#34) was added to the tracker.

Not listed specifically is the issue of Client Authentication.  Not only
the format of the Authentication Code, but how is it utilized, and
protected.  For example, the draft includes mention of signature-based
authentication data and HMAC(AuthCode), but not plaintext.  There is a
proposal on the one hand to remove the signature form, and a proposal on
the other hand to keep the signature form and add a plaintext form.  To
resolve the issue, the point was raised that Section 5.3 does not
adequately describe the use case for "Client Authentication" nor for
"User Authentication", nor even for these relative to each and to
"Device Authentication".  Taking a step back, then, Ming agreed to take
a stab at enhancing the section to better describe the use case.

Andrea
P.S. Note that Issues #32-#36 in the Issue Tracker are new.  Inputs for
these came directly out of exchanges on the mailing list, and are
important to consider for resubmission of the document.
 <<Issues Nov15 2007.xls>> 

_______________________________________________
KEYPROV mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/keyprov