Subject: [KEYPROV] [PSKC] Conference call minutes 11/12/07

From: "Philip Hoyer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 13:08:14 +0100

Attendees: Ming Pei, Salah Machhani, Philip Hoyer

*	Discussion about PIN provisioning , [Ming] PIN is a credential
but to which key does it belong? Do we need to build correlation between
to key and pin. Current Philip proposal allows only one PIN per device.
Ming proposed put PIN within key. But what happens if we only need to
transmit PINs and no key value? Create PIN schema object that uses
UsageType replaces access rules and can be set at Device and key level.
Philip raises that this is a lot of work. So create a PinPolicy that
refers to a key via the keyed hence the PinPolicy element can be
embedded in the Key object. Philip to draft new proposal email to list.
*	Discussed Magnus's email about use of xmlemc: Salah is worried
that now a document would be 3 levels deep: DSKPP->PSKC->XMLENC. Is
XMLEnc only used for defining container keys? Ming has concern about
importing the whole XMLEnc schema. We need to see an example container
document. Also discussed that spec would need to have a mandatory modes
for interoperability in temrs of XMLenc supported encryption methods
(PBE, symmetric key etc)
*	Philip asked if everyone is happy with URI being attribute or
should it be an element. Element normally provides more readability Ming
will do a check.
*	Philip noted that example in 10.1 in spec sent out by Ming has a
digest even if un-encrypted-> Ming to change. 
*	Ming brought up that we should indicate more explicitly if a
data element is encrypted. Defer that until we decided on use of xmlenc
for value part. Current thought if value does not use xmlenc then we
should explicitly mention encryption with an optional encrypted="true"
attribute in the data element.
*	Submission of new draft - Ming to check last submission date.
The following is a proposal of changes for next submission:

	*	URI - element or attribute
	*	Corrected example
	*	PinPolicy - possibly?

*	Authors would like to bring xmlenc discussion to IETF meeting so
we need examples
*	Need to star compiling list of open issues for IETF. (Philip
currently unable to attend but will assist Ming in creation of slides
for IETF meeting)
*	Ming to add missing Time based HOTP Data names eg 'TIME_DRIFT'
*	Authors decided that more discussions are needed hence another
meeting is scheduled for Wed 14th of November same time as Monday
meeting. Philip to send out meeting maker.

________________________________

Philip Hoyer 

Senior Architect - Office of CTO

ActivIdentity (UK)

109 Borough High Street

London SE1 1NL

Telephone: +44 (0) 20 7744 6248

Direct: +44 (0) 20 7744 6455

Fax: +44 (0) 20 7744 6249

Private and confidential: This message and any attachments may contain

privileged / confidential information. If you are not an intended
recipient,

you must not copy, distribute, discuss or take any action in reliance on
it.

If you have received this communication in error, please notify the
sender

and delete this message immediately.

_______________________________________________
KEYPROV mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/keyprov