Subject: [KEYPROV] Meeting Minutes

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 08:54:58 +0100

Please take a look at the meeting minutes:
http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07dec/minutes/keyprov.pdf

_______________________________________________
KEYPROV mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/keyprov

---

From: "Pei, Mingliang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 13:21:14 -0800

With regard to PIN policy, there was no object against the current
proposal presented in the meeting. The feedback from the meeting is that
we should keep it simple. We will further clarify what a "device" means.
Thus this version of specification will just support the use cases that
we have listed.

- Leverage "Key" element to carry PIN value by treating PIN
- Use PINPolicy and PINUsage in Key element to specify PIN related
policy
- PINPolicy will be applicable to a key. When a device contains multiple
keys, each key defines its own PIN reference and policy. There will be
no device level PIN policy - a device PIN would be unlock a software to
access a key. Multiple keys may refer to the same PIN credential.

Comments?

- Ming

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Hannes Tschofenig [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Monday, December 03, 2007 11:55 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [KEYPROV] Meeting Minutes
>

---

From: "Philip Hoyer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 00:06:30 +0100

Sounds good.
Covers all my known use cases.

I would not worry about having to repeat the PINPolicy since multiple
keys for a device will be most likely in the bulk provisioning case
where the size does not matter that much.

Philip

-----Original Message-----
From: Pei, Mingliang [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, December 07, 2007 9:21 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [KEYPROV] PIN policy issue

Comments?

- Ming