Subject: [KEYPROV] Default values in PSKC & XML Signatures

From: "Rundgren, Anders" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 10:06:34 -0000

I don't know what the use-case for PSKC is outside of DSKPP but my
experience is that constructs like

  <xs:attribute name="Sign" type="xs:boolean" default="false"/>

are incompatible with embedding XML Signatures because canonicalization
requires schema-aware validation which appear to be uncommon.

I have in recent XML designs reverted to the following slightly boring
model to eliminate at least this potential problem:

  <!-- Default: false -->
  <xs:attribute name="Sign" type="xs:boolean" use"optional"/>

The added use="optional" is not [at all] necessary it was just for being
a bit more declarative since elements and attributes are treated
surprisingly different in XML Schemas.

Regards
Anders Rundgren
_______________________________________________
KEYPROV mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/keyprov