Subject: [KEYPROV] IANA Considerations Section for PSKC

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 23:03:49 +0300

I compiled the text for the IANA consideration section. Here is it:

9.  IANA Considerations

9.1.  Content-type registration for 'application/pskc+xml'

   This specification requests the registration of a new MIME type
   according to the procedures of RFC 4288 [RFC4288] and guidelines in
   RFC 3023 [RFC3023].

   MIME media type name:  application

   MIME subtype name:  pskc+xml

   Mandatory parameters:  none

   Optional parameters:  charset

      Indicates the character encoding of enclosed XML.

   Encoding considerations:  Uses XML, which can employ 8-bit
      characters, depending on the character encoding used.  See RFC
      3023 [RFC3023], Section 3.2.

   Security considerations:  This content type is designed to carry PSKC
      protocol payloads.

   Interoperability considerations:  None

   Published specification:  RFCXXXX [NOTE TO IANA/RFC-EDITOR: Please
      replace XXXX with the RFC number of this specification.]

   Applications which use this media type:  This MIME type is being used
      as a symmetric key container format for transport and provisioning
      of symmetric keys (One Time Password (OTP) shared secrets or
      symmetric cryptographic keys) to different types of strong
      authentication devices.  As such, it is used for key provisioning
      systems.

   Additional information:

      Magic Number:  None

      File Extension:  .pskcxml

      Macintosh file type code:  'TEXT'

   Personal and email address for further information:  Philip Hoyer,
      [email-masked]

   Intended usage:  LIMITED USE

   Author:  This specification is a work item of the IETF KEYPROV
      working group, with mailing list address <[email-masked]>.

   Change controller:  The IESG <[email-masked]>

9.2.  XML Schema Registration

   This section registers an XML schema as per the guidelines in
   [RFC3688].

   URI:  urn:ietf:params:xml:schema:pskc1

   Registrant Contact:  IETF KEYPROV Working Group, Philip Hoyer
      ([email-masked]).

   XML Schema:  The XML schema to be registered is contained in
      Section 8.  Its first line is

   <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

      and its last line is

   </xs:schema>

9.3.  URN Sub-Namespace Registration for urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:pskc1

   This section registers a new XML namespace,
   "urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:pskc1", per the guidelines in [RFC3688].

   URI:  urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:pskc1

   Registrant Contact:  IETF KEYPROV Working Group, Philip Hoyer
      ([email-masked]).

   XML:

   BEGIN
   <?xml version="1.0"?>
   <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML Basic 1.0//EN"
     "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-basic/xhtml-basic10.dtd">
   <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
   <head>
     <meta http-equiv="content-type"
           content="text/html;charset=iso-8859-1"/>
     <title>PSKC Namespace</title>
   </head>
   <body>
     <h1>Namespace for LoST</h1>
     <h2>urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:pskc1</h2>
   <p>See <a href="[URL of published RFC]">RFCXXXX
       [NOTE TO IANA/RFC-EDITOR:
        Please replace XXXX with the RFC number of this
       specification.]</a>.</p>
   </body>
   </html>
   END

The corresponding XML text can be found at:
http://www.tschofenig.priv.at/svn/keyprov/work-in-progress/draft-ietf-keyprov-portable-symmetric-key-container-04-wip-PH110408.xml
(The directory is: 
http://www.tschofenig.priv.at/svn/keyprov/work-in-progress/)
Please start further editing work with this file since I had to adjust 
also the references, etc.

What is missing is the registry for the "DATA" element. We would need to 
chat about the desired form of the registry.
Also missing is the allocation of the algorithm URIs.

Ciao
Hannes

_______________________________________________
KEYPROV mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/keyprov