Subject: [KEYPROV] FW: [ekmi] Public Review of SKSML v1.0

From: "Turner, Sean P." <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 11:48:34 -0400

This was posted on the PKIX list.  Some on this list may be interested in
reviewing/commenting on the OASIS document.  If you're also on the PKIX list
sorry for the extra mail.

spt 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Arshad Noor
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2008 12:56 PM
To: ietf-pkix
Subject: Fwd: [ekmi] Public Review of SKSML v1.0

FYI.

The OASIS EKMI Technical Committee would be grateful for any comments
received from members of this forum about the key-management protocol.

If you are interested in reviewing a working implementation of an early
version of this protocol, you can get the implementation here:

http://www.strongkey.org.  

This open-source implementation does not have all the features mentioned in
the specification, but has enough to give the reviewer an in-depth view of
its capabilities, strengths and weaknesses.

Thank you.

Arshad Noor
StrongAuth, Inc. 

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "Mary McRae" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: "ekmi" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2008 7:04:49 PM (GMT-0800) America/Los_Angeles
Subject: [ekmi] Public Review of SKSML v1.0

To OASIS members, Public Announce Lists:

The OASIS Enterprise Key Management Infrastructure (EKMI) TC has recently
approved the following specification as a Committee Draft and approved the
package for public review:

Symmetric Key Services Markup Language (SKSML) Version 1.0

The public review starts today, 24 July 2008, and ends 23 September 2008.
This is an open invitation to comment. We strongly encourage feedback from
potential users, developers and others, whether OASIS members or not, for
the sake of improving the interoperability and quality of OASIS work. Please
feel free to distribute this announcement within your organization and to
other appropriate mail lists.

More non-normative information about the specification and the technical
committee may be found at the public home page of the TC at: 
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=ekmi. Comments
may be submitted to the TC by any person through the use of the OASIS TC
Comment Facility which can be located via the button marked "Send A Comment"
at the top of that page, or directly at: 
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/comments/index.php?wg_abbrev=ekmi.

Submitted comments (for this work as well as other works of that TC) are
publicly archived and can be viewed at: 
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ekmi-comment/. All comments submitted
to OASIS are subject to the OASIS Feedback License, which ensures that the
feedback you provide carries the same obligations at least as the
obligations of the TC members.

The specification document and related files are available here:

Editable Source (Authoritative):
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ekmi/sksml/v1.0/pr01/SKSML-1.0-Specification.odt 

PDF:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ekmi/sksml/v1.0/pr01/SKSML-1.0-Specification.pdf 

HTML:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ekmi/sksml/v1.0/pr01/SKSML-1.0-Specification.html

Schema:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ekmi/sksml/v1.0/pr01/schema/ 

Abstract:
This normative specification defines the first (1.0) version of the
Symmetric Key Services Markup Language (SKSML), an XML-based messaging
protocol, by which applications executing on computing devices may request
and receive symmetric key-management services from centralized
key-management servers, securely, over networks. Applications using SKSML
are expected to either implement the SKSML protocol, or use a software
library - called the Symmetric Key Client Library
(SKCL) - that implements this protocol. SKSML messages are transported
within a SOAP layer, protected by a Web Services Security (WSS) header and
can be used over standard HTTP securely.

OASIS and the EKMI TC welcome your comments.

---------------------------------------------------
Mary P McRae
Manager of TC Administration, OASIS
email: [email-masked]
web: www.oasis-open.org 

_______________________________________________
KEYPROV mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/keyprov