Subject: Re: [KEYPROV] Phone Conference Call about KEYPROV Documents: Bridge

From: "Pei, Mingliang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 17:06:17 -0700

Here is meeting minutes that I noted from our conference call today.

--------------------

PSKC conference call meeting minutes

Participants: Hannes, Phillip, Sean, Ming
Time: 11:00am PDT 08/08/2008

Suggested changes:

a) Some cosmetics work to make document better

b) More importantly, some enhancements on semantics consistency

* key usage element

- Not all elements are applicable to all algorithms
- For some algorithms, some elements make sense. It makes the use of the
xml hard.
- For example, section 8.4.4.2 OCRA algorithm. We need to add

* what are possible attributes and values that can be used
* add these specification for each algorithm registered in section 8.4.4

c) Check consistency about the content order 

e.g. SSL is mentioned at the end of the document. It should be mentioned
in the beginning of requirement section as well. It is 

d) Informational data was discused in IETF meeting.

DeviceInfo is informational to server. The purpose wasn't clear in the
document. Why is it needed. What consisted ID and so on.

* Assessment: there are questions from the meeting but it doesn't look
that they ask for changes other than clarification. Maybe we can add
some context how it can be used, for bulk key transfer.

e) Enhancements in Section 5

diagram:

* the diagram doesn't look relational, differing from DSKPP
* keyproperties doesn't appear to be optional from the diagram, and it
becomes clear later. It is better to present the most clearest /
simplest instance first. It doesn't need to present according to XML
order.

e.g. move keyproperties to the later section, for bulk case. Introduce
simple case first.

f) Appendix A

* Provide some description for each example
* Use some more concrete values, e.g. Manufacturer value

g) Priority

* section 8.4.4. Work on one to identify what should be added. Then
others can share the work
* section 11

h) Action items:

- Post these comments and work in progress in the mailing list
- Ming to send out an example case for the section 8.4.4 enhancement

-----------------

- Ming 
_______________________________________________
KEYPROV mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/keyprov