Subject: [KEYPROV] KEYPROV-PIN Algorithm Definition

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 16:54:53 +0300

Ming crafted a proposal for the KEYPROV-PIN algorithm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

8.4.4.4.  KEYPROV-PIN

   Common Name:  KEYPROV-PIN

   Class:  Symmetric static credential comparison

   URI:  http://www.ietf.org/keyprov/pskc#pin

   Algorithm Definition:  (this document)

   Identifier Definition  (this document)

   Registrant Contact:  IESG

   Profile of XML attributes and subelements of the Key entity:

      For a Key of this algorithm, the <Usage> subelements MAY be
      present.  No attribute of the <Usage> is required.  The element
      <ResponseFormat> MAY be used to indicate the PIN value format.

      The Data elements of a key of this algorithm MUST include
      <Secret>.  A key of this type is usually paired with another key
      where the PIN may be used together, for example, a HOTP key.

      See the example in section Section 11.2

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Ciao
Hannes

_______________________________________________
KEYPROV mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/keyprov