Subject: [KEYPROV] Support for Credential Logotypes

From: "Anders Rundgren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 08:05:17 +0200

I couldn't find any matches for the words "logotype" or "image" in the current KEYPROV drafts.

FWIW, I have made credential logotypes an intrinsic feature of the "Universal Provisioning" proposal to get somewhat closer to
Information Cards:
http://webpki.org/papers/keygen2/keygen2-otp-support.pdf

If PSKC hasn't yet passed WGLC, I would at least consider this as an option.

Anders Rundgren

_______________________________________________
KEYPROV mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/keyprov

---

From: "Bajaj, Siddharth" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 10:33:32 -0700

Hi Anders,

I think this is a good suggestion -

A credential logotype would be useful in the case of a credential
'wallet' scenario, where the wallet
is implemented for e.g. on a phone or in a soft token. The
user-interface could display the credential
logo to provide the user with contextual reference and help them select
the correct credential.

RFC 3709 describes the logotype extension for PKI certificates -
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3709.txt

Siddharth

Anders Rundgren wrote:

> FWIW, I have made credential logotypes an intrinsic feature of the
> "Universal Provisioning" proposal to get somewhat closer to
> Information Cards:

---

From: "Turner, Sean P." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 19:48:17 +0100

We had some discussion about the logotype in Vancouver
(http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/07dec/minutes/keyprov.pdf
<http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/07dec/minutes/keyprov.pdf> ).  We decided
that it shouldn't be part of the base specification.
 
spt

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Bajaj, Siddharth
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2008 6:34 PM
To: Anders Rundgren
Cc: KEYPROV
Subject: Re: [KEYPROV] Support for Credential Logotypes

Hi Anders, 

A credential logotype would be useful in the case of a credential 'wallet'
scenario, where the wallet 
is implemented for e.g. on a phone or in a soft token. The user-interface
could display the credential 
logo to provide the user with contextual reference and help them select the
correct credential. 

Siddharth 

Anders Rundgren wrote: 

I couldn't find any matches for the words "logotype" or "image" in the
current KEYPROV drafts. 

Anders Rundgren

---

From: "Pei, Mingliang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 11:55:45 -0700

Right. The logotype was in the early draft versions. Because of its
complexity and it isn't fundamental, we defered it for future
considerations. Logotypes were removed in the subsequent revisions since
then.
 
- Ming

________________________________

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Turner, Sean P.
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2008 11:48 AM
To: Bajaj, Siddharth; 'Anders Rundgren'
Cc: 'KEYPROV'
Subject: Re: [KEYPROV] Support for Credential Logotypes

We had some discussion about the logotype in Vancouver
(http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/07dec/minutes/keyprov.pdf
<http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/07dec/minutes/keyprov.pdf> ).  We
decided that it shouldn't be part of the base specification.
 
spt

________________________________

	From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Bajaj, Siddharth
	Sent: Monday, August 04, 2008 6:34 PM
	To: Anders Rundgren
	Cc: KEYPROV
	Subject: Re: [KEYPROV] Support for Credential Logotypes

	Hi Anders, 

	A credential logotype would be useful in the case of a
credential 'wallet' scenario, where the wallet 
	is implemented for e.g. on a phone or in a soft token. The
user-interface could display the credential 
	logo to provide the user with contextual reference and help them
select the correct credential. 

	Siddharth 

	Anders Rundgren wrote: 

		I couldn't find any matches for the words "logotype" or
"image" in the current KEYPROV drafts. 

		FWIW, I have made credential logotypes an intrinsic
feature of the "Universal Provisioning" proposal to get somewhat closer
to 
		Information Cards: 
		http://webpki.org/papers/keygen2/keygen2-otp-support.pdf

		If PSKC hasn't yet passed WGLC, I would at least
consider this as an option. 

		Anders Rundgren