Subject: [KEYPROV] Firefox XML Protocol Extender

From: Anders Rundgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 09:49:49 +0200

Hi,
I  wonder if any of you KEYPROV'er would be interested in collaborating 
in an
effort to create a generic XML Protocol Extension mechanism for Firefox.

The extender would allow a protocol designer to implement a protocol without
any native code unless the protocol itself depends on links to the 
native layer.
In Firefox a protocol implementation would typically be built by a 
combination
of JavaScript (Firefox standard interface) and Java.

Although my own plan is to implement KeyGen2[1] and WASP[2], the scheme 
should
of course be equally useful for DSKPP.

Drop me a line if you are interested.

Since there hasn't been any progress in this space in ten years it seems 
pointless
standardizing such stuff at this stage; running code is what the market 
wants.

Regards
Anders Rundgren

[1]: http://webpki.org/auth-token-4-the-cloud.html
[2]: http://webpki.org/papers/wasp/wasp-tutorial.pdf