Subject: [KEYPROV] RFC 6063 on Dynamic Symmetric Key Provisioning Protocol (DSKPP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 12:32:31 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6063

        Title:      Dynamic Symmetric Key Provisioning Protocol 
                    (DSKPP) 
        Author:     A. Doherty, M. Pei,
                    S. Machani, M. Nystrom
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      105
        Characters: 233675
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-keyprov-dskpp-14.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6063.txt

The Dynamic Symmetric Key Provisioning Protocol (DSKPP) is a
client-server protocol for initialization (and configuration) of
symmetric keys to locally and remotely accessible cryptographic
modules.  The protocol can be run with or without private key
capabilities in the cryptographic modules and with or without an
established public key infrastructure.

Two variations of the protocol support multiple usage scenarios.  With
the four-pass variant, keys are mutually generated by the provisioning
server and cryptographic module; provisioned keys are not transferred
over-the-wire or over-the-air.  The two-pass variant enables secure
and efficient download and installation of pre-generated symmetric
keys to a cryptographic module.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Provisioning of Symmetric Keys Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 17:09:45 -0500

Congrats to all involved!

spt

On 12/13/10 3:32 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> KEYPROV mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/keyprov
>

---

From: Phillip Hallam-Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 17:59:03 -0500

Congratulations to everyone involved in this document and the CMS symmetric
key package that accompanies it.

We have now completed all the charter work items.

The only outstanding item is the proposal to write a Web Service Description
which the AD has said he will accept as an independent submission if people
are still interested in working on it.

I think this means we are done.

Thank you to everyone who has worked to make KEYPROV a success.

-- 
Website: http://hallambaker.com/