Subject: [KEYPROV] Bug in PSKC XML schema wrt XMLDsig?

From: Simon Josefsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 10:07:14 +0200

All,

I have implemented support for XMLDsig protected PSKC and ran into an
issue with the XML Schema for PSKC.  It seems the Signature element is
in the wrong namespace, making it incompatible with the XMLDsig
specification.

There is a thread on this on the XMLSec mailing list:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.xmlsec/4178

Both Aleksey Sanin (author of the XMLSec library) and G. Ken Holman (XML
expert) appear to believe this is an error in the schema:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.xmlsec/4178/focus=4181
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.xmlsec/4178/focus=4185

The fix appears to be simple, but before filing an RFC errata for this
I'd thought I should bring this up in case anyone wants to comment.

Section 7:

OLD:
       <Signature>
NEW:
       <ds:Signature>

OLD:
       </Signature>
NEW:
       </ds:Signature>

Section 11:

OLD:
               <xs:element name="Signature"
                    type="ds:SignatureType" minOccurs="0"/>

NEW:
               <xs:element ref="ds:Signature" minOccurs="0">

/Simon