Subject: AGENDA ITEMS for Minneapolis

From: Derek Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: 07 Mar 2001 08:37:14 -0500

Hi,

Please send me your agenda items for Minneapolis.  We currently have
a two-hour slot for discussion.  If I don't receive any items I'll
go under the assumption that there is nothing to talk about and
cancel the slot so some other deserving group can get the time.

Personally, I think there is a lot to discuss (besides finalizing
the requirements document):

	* Protocol directions (IKE or not-IKE) -- this is actually a
          multi-part question.  One question is about what we transfer
          under the protection of Kerberos (1) and another question is
          about _how_ we transfer the Kerberos ticket and KINK
          protocol information (2).

		1) Both approaches are based on ISAKMP, so should we
                   or should we not just use the IKE Phase-II
                   Quick-Mode packet arrangements under the protection
                   of Kerberos?

		2) Do we transfer the Kerberos and KINK protocol
                   information as an IKE payload, or do we build our
                   own non-IKE KINK protocol?

	* Wakeup vs. Handoff?

	* PFS?

In the meantime, I want to hear from speakers who want time-slots.

-derek
-- 
       Derek Atkins, SB '93 MIT EE, SM '95 MIT Media Laboratory
       Member, MIT Student Information Processing Board  (SIPB)
       URL: http://web.mit.edu/warlord/    PP-ASEL-IA     N1NWH
       [email-masked]                        PGP key available

---

From: Matthew Hur <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 21:49:40 -0800

I think that the issues that you raise below are a good starting point for 
discussion.  These are all items that should have been discussed on the 
list, but nobody was driving for resolution.  Now that you are driving 
these issues, it would be good to see them represented in the agenda as 
discussion items.

I assume that you already pinged some of the interested parties (Mike, 
Tero, Sasha) to see if they wanted to present some the issues you raised, 
so I'm hopeful that we'll see some response before you have to cancel the slot.

My opinion is that it will be worthwhile to meet, get consensus on the 
issues, address alternatives, and see if we can arrive at criteria to bring 
some closure by the next IETF meeting.

--Matt