Subject: Re: Charter: internationalization is out of scope

From: Andrew Bartlett <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 23:32:30 +1000

On Thu, 2006-04-27 at 10:23 -0500, Nicolas Williams wrote:

> There are none that I can think of.
> 
> Neither Heimdal, nor MIT, nor GNU, nor Solaris implementations of
> GSS-API framework or mechanisms, nor any of the apps that use the
> GSS-API that I can think of (SSHv2 [e.g., OpenSSH], SASL [e.g., Cyrus
> SASL], NFS w/ RPCSEC_GSS [e.g., CITI] , and so on), qualify.
> 
> ALL just-use-8, which always amounts to: just-use-the-current-locale's-
> codeset.

Just as a note about Samba's place in this.

Looking at interacting with Windows, I'm expecting we will slowly start
on this.  I suspect we will assume the libs are just-send-8 and that we
will convert outside the API.  

I hope to try and do this as 'right' as practical in Samba4, while
retaining windows wire compatibility.  In Samba3 (where we don't use
real GSSAPI, but rather fake things up), we assume kerberos principals
are UTF8 on receipt of a ticket from a client.

Andrew Bartlett

-- 
Andrew Bartlett                                http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Authentication Developer, Samba Team           http://samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College  http://hawkerc.net
_______________________________________________
Kitten mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/kitten