Subject: [kitten] IETF 82 Agenda

From: Shawn Emery <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2011 14:45:14 -0600

Here is the draft agenda for the kitten session at IETF 82:

http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/82/agenda/kitten.txt

Please provide feed-back/additions no later than 11/717:00 PT.

Shawn.
--

---

From: William Mills <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 16:13:11 -0700 (PDT)

I won't be able to attend in person, will there be any kind of teleconference?

________________________________
From: Shawn Emery <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 2, 2011 1:45 PM
Subject: [kitten] IETF 82 Agenda

Shawn.
--
 
_______________________________________________
Kitten mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/kitten

---

From: "Cantor, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 03:02:41 +0000

I'm not going to make a 4:00am EST meeting, sorry. ;-)

I believe I've covered the SAML-EC status before, but for the record:

Draft, and the OASIS dependencies, are stable and need implementation
experience to polish and find problems. IETF draft depends on a couple of
OASIS docs, and OASIS process is now so backlogged that I'm not planning
to advance them there until the bugs are worked out.

I have a TODO to review Sam's latest GSS naming draft for SAML in ABFAB
(http://tools.ietf.org/wg/abfab/draft-ietf-abfab-gss-eap-naming/) and
hopefully use that for SAML-EC as well. Hoping to get to that this week.

I have a potential implementer to work with on a SAML-EC project, waiting
for that to get funded and move forward (or not). Timeframe is 2Q 2012 as
best I can tell.

Other outstanding TBD is to try and get support for per-message tokens
added to the draft. This is something I probably can't do securely without
some expert help; it means defining a key derivation process based on a
key passed to the client and acceptor by the IdP. I will try and sketch
something and send to list as a starting point.

-- Scott