Subject: [kitten] CAMMAC open issues

From: Tom Yu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 10:56:59 -0500

Here are what I think are the remaining open issues for CAMMAC.

Wrapping of CAMMAC:

Do we recommend enclosing a CAMMAC inside an AD-IF-RELEVANT?  RFC 4120
says that authorization data are critical, i.e., an implementaiton
must reject unrecognized authorization data.  Alternatively, we could
require that CAMMAC be enclosed in an AD-KDCIssued, and drop the
consequently redundant "svc-verifier" from CAMMAC.

Minor encoding change:

Do we change "other-verifiers" from "[3] SEQUENCE OF Verifier" to
"[3] SEQUENCE (SIZE (1..MAX)) OF Verifier OPTIONAL"?

I think we should do this because it would reduce the encoding size in
what I believe will be the common case of no additional verifiers.

Motivations text:

I'm still looking over Ben's suggestions for the rewording of the
"Motivations" section.

CAMMAC-BINDING:

I think I'll cover this in a separate message.