Subject: [kitten] status of draft-ietf-kitten-kerberos-iana-registries

From: Tom Yu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 17:55:31 -0500

I recently finished cleaning up after an accident in my Kerberos
numbers database that partially overwrote symbolic name information.

I think the text is mostly ready.  I am thinking of adding guidance
about ticket flags and KDC options to recommend that future
assignments should reflect the existing practice where a KDC option
requests a ticket flag, the bit numbers should be the same in the KDC
option and the ticket flag.

I would like volunteers to help check the list of existing
assignments, possibly dividing the work by number type.  My rough
counts are:

addrtype        11
nametype        14
adtype          23
errcode         128
keyusage        47
apoption        3
kdcoption       22
ticketflag      16

This checking would involve looking through RFCs, Internet Drafts, and
implementation source code to make sure that nothing that is worth
registering is missed, and that there are no number conflicts.

We can work out timelines among the volunteers, with the help of the
chairs.

Thanks.