Subject: [kitten] Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-kitten-rfc6112bis-03: (with COMMENT)

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 20:34:42 -0800

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-kitten-rfc6112bis-03: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-kitten-rfc6112bis/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

- 4.3, 2nd paragraph: Absent what sort of other information? That's a bit
vague for a condition for a MUST.

-9: Isn't Sam an author? :-)

---

From: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 22:54:34 -0600

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-kitten-rfc6112bis/

Presumably, something like an acknowledgment from the client that it is
willing to assume the loss of privacy.

> -9: Isn't Sam an author? :-)

Yes :)
Well, Sam was an author of 6112 and is included here because the document
is hardly changing.

-Ben

---

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 23:11:42 -0600

> willing to assume the loss of privacy.

Would it make sense to drop the phrase?  (If this is a pre-bis leftover, 
that's fine.)

> Well, Sam was an author of 6112 and is included here because the 

To be clear, I did not mean to object to Sam's authorship--I was just 
checking to make sure the acknowledgement of an author was on purpose.

Ben.

---

From: Shawn M Emery <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 22:41:15 -0700

On 11/29/16 10:11 PM, Ben Campbell wrote:
> Would it make sense to drop the phrase?  (If this is a pre-bis 
> leftover, that's fine.)

Thanks for your comments.

This text is pre-bis and I also interpret this text in the same context 
as Ben Kaduk has.

Shawn.
--
> _______________________________________________
> Kitten mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/kitten
>