Subject: [kitten] Document Shepherd Write-Up for draft-ietf-kitten-rfc5653bis

From: Matt Rogers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 11:04:34 -0400

Summary:
Matt Rogers is the Document Shepherd. Eric Rescorla is the Responsible
Area Director.

This document is a Proposed Standard to update RFC 5653  (Generic
Security Service API Version 2 : Java Bindings Update). This document
addresses a flaw in RFC 5653 by extending the GSSException class with
an error token, as well as removing the specification of stream-based
GSSContext methods.

Review and Consensus:
There is consensus among the WG for this document, and it saw active
discussion and review by WG members. As a ‘bis’ document, all errata
have been considered. Concerns about the design of the stream-based
GSSContext methods were brought up and addressed during the WG Last
Call process and there was agreement on their removal from the
document.

Intellectual Property:
There are no intellectual property disclosures against this document,
and all authors have confirmed compliance with BCPs 78 and 79.

Note:
The idnits check mentions an obsoleted normative reference to RFC
2853, which is the predecessor to RFC 5653. The references are used
only during explanation of the differences since RFC 2853.