Subject: [L2sm] Last Call: <draft-ietf-l2sm-l2vpn-service-model-08.txt> (A YANG Data Model for L2VPN Service Delivery) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 06:32:50 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the L2VPN Service Model WG (l2sm) to
consider the following document: - 'A YANG Data Model for L2VPN Service
Delivery'
  <draft-ietf-l2sm-l2vpn-service-model-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-03-08. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a YANG data model that can be used to configure
   a Layer 2 Provider Provisioned VPN service.

   This model is intended to be instantiated at management system to
   deliver the overall service.  This model is not a configuration model
   to be used directly on network elements, but provides an abstracted
   view of the Layer 2 VPN service configuration components.  It is up
   to a management system to take this as an input and generate specific
   configurations models to configure the different network elements to
   deliver the service.  How configuration of network elements is done
   is out of scope of the document.

   The YANG model in this document includes support for point-to-point
   Virtual Private Wire Services (VPWS) and multipoint Virtual Private
   LAN services (VPLS) that use Pseudowires signaled using the Label
   Distribution Protocol (LDP) and the Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) as
   described in RFC4761 and RFC6624.

   The YANG model in this document conforms to the Network Management
   Datastore Architecture defined in I-D.ietf-netmod-revised-datastores.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l2sm-l2vpn-service-model/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l2sm-l2vpn-service-model/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.