Subject: [L2sm] AD review of draft-ietf-l2sm-l2vpn-service-model

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 21:24:30 -0500

Dear all,

Here is the AD review.

- Section 1.2.
You want to use the YANG tree diagrams in 
draft-ietf-netmod-yang-tree-diagrams-04 
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-yang-tree-diagrams/>
I advice a section similar to 
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-netmod-rfc7223bis-03#section-1.3

- The draft is NMDA compliant. It should be mentioned.
Ex: draft-ietf-netmod-rfc7223bis-03, in the abstract and intro

    The YANG model in this document conforms to the Network Management
    Datastore Architecture defined in I-D.ietf-netmod-revised-datastores.

- The references to RFC6020 should be changed to RFC7950, except in the 
IANA considerations.
The YANG module is YANG 1.1

-

  revision 2018-02-05 {
     description
       "Initial revision -04 version";
     reference
       "draft-ietf-l2sm-l2vpn-service-model-05.txt 
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-l2sm-l2vpn-service-model-05.txt>
        A YANG Data Model for L2VPN Service Delivery.";
   }

This should be changed to
  revision 2018-02-05 {
     description
       "Initial revision -04 version";
     reference
       "RFC XXXX: A YANG Data Model for L2VPN Service Delivery.";
   }

- https://trac.ietf.org/trac/ops/wiki/yang-security-guidelines
Please doublecheck the template.
The first sentence is:
The YANG module specified in this document defines a schema for data 
that is designed to be accessed via network management protocols such as 
NETCONF [RFC6241] or RESTCONF [RFC8040].

Please publish a new version asap.
Note that those changes doesn't prevent the IETF LC to start now.
Hopefully, we could shoot for the March 8th IESDG telechat.

Regards, Benoit