Subject: Re: L2TP Minutes from VPN interoperability workshop town meeting

From: Patrice Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 13:30:05 -0800

[snip]
>When dropping out of order packets, it is a good idea to update Nr
>first.
>
[snip]

I am not sure that I really understand this one. If I am expecting 4,5,6 and 7
and receive 6, I shouldn't update Nr to reflect it since I still need 4 and 5.
Updating it would tell my peer NOT to retransmit 4 and 5.

Am I mis-understanding this?

PatC

---

From: "W. Mark Townsley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 15:38:47 -0800

> Updating it would tell my peer NOT to retransmit 4 and 5.

The point is to update the Nr received in the misordered packet. So, it
is to update what I am supposed to retransmit, not what my peer is
supposed to retransmit. The text was probably not clear.