Subject: RE: IPsecMIB

From: Tim Jenkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 08:54:11 -0400

The MIB asked about is not the version that is currently being advanced
under standards track. Technically, it's an application specific MIB that
includes everything else. The standards track MIBs for IPsec are the
following:
 
Textual Conventions: <
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-doi-tc-mib-02.txt
<http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-doi-tc-mib-02.txt>
IPsec Monitoring: <
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-monitor-mib-02.txt
<http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-monitor-mib-02.txt>
ISAKMP DOI-ind. Monitoring: <
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-isakmp-di-mon-mib-01
.txt
<http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-isakmp-di-mon-mib-0
1.txt> >
IKE Monitoring: <
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-ike-monitor-mib-00.t
xt
<http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-ike-monitor-mib-00.
txt> >
 
New versions of all should be available within a couple of months at the
latest (hopefully).
 
The authors of the MIB referred to below were asked if they were interested
in modifying it to use the base MIBs listed above; I don't recall there
being any response to that.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ruchir [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, April 14, 2000 7:16 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: IPsecMIB

Hi
    The IPsecMIB module is defined in the draft
draft-ietf-ipsec-flow-monitoring-mib-00.txt
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------
IPsecMIB MODULE-IDENTITY
       LAST-UPDATED "9911040000Z"
       ORGANIZATION "Tivoli Systems and Cisco Systems"
       CONTACT-INFO
          "Tivoli Systems
           Research Triangle Park, NC
 
           Cisco Systems
           San Jose, CA"
       DESCRIPTION
          "This is the MIB Module for objects to
           manage the IP Security Protocol."
       ::= { enterprises ibm(2) ibmProd(6) tivoliNma(168)
                                           IPsecMgmt(1)
                                           IPsecMgmtT1(1) 1 }
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------
 
Why is this MIB under the "enterprises" node ? Its not a proprietary MIB,
right ? where i.e. under which node, is IETF planning to put it ?
 
Ruchir Malhotra

---

From: "S Ramakrishnan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 12:59:55 -0700

Hi -

     From: Tim Jenkins
     Sent: Monday, April 17, 2000 5:54 AM

    >Textual Conventions:
   >IPsec Monitoring:
   >ISAKMP DOI-ind. Monitoring:
1.txt>
   >IKE Monitoring:
txt>

   >The authors of the MIB referred to below were asked if they
   >were interested in modifying it to use the base MIBs listed above;
   >I don't recall there being any response to that.

I do not recall a discussion to this effect in this list.
Perhaps I missed it. What specific changes would
you suggest?

We have included the TCs proposed in
draft-ietf-ipsec-doi-tc-mib-02.txt.

Thanks,

Rk