Subject: Doubt regarding testing LNS......

From: "laxmanb" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2000 16:05:06 -0800

Hi all,
       I want to test L2TP-LNS with L2TP-LAC(win 2k).my set up is like 
this.
 PPPclient(pc1)=====>Win 2k(LAC)====>LAN1=====>LAN2===>LNS====>pc2
I have to dail from ppp client.
Here i got some doubts.
How to configure Win 2k for accepting dail from ppp client ?
How to configure win 2k LAC to start negotiating L2TP tunnel between 
LAC and LNS?
What r the configurations to be required for setting L2TP LAC in win 
2k?
please let me clarify all the doubts regarding this?
regards
laxman

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| The coolest site for free home pages, email, chat, e-cards, movie info.. |
|               http://www.goplay.com - it's time to Go Play!              |
+--------------------------------------------------------------------------+

---

From: "Rob Trace" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 17:19:28 -0700

Hi Laxman,

Unfortunately Windows 2000 does not support compulsory tunneling like
you are trying to enable.  The closest we will come to this is to
configure a gateway to gateway connection between 2 Windows 2000 boxes
using a dial on demand L2TP/IPSEC connection.  Let me know if you have
any other questions.

Thanks!!

Rob Trace
Program Manager - Virtual Private Networking
Microsoft Corporation

-----Original Message-----
From: laxmanb [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2000 5:05 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Doubt regarding testing LNS......

Hi all,

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------
---+
| The coolest site for free home pages, email, chat, e-cards, movie
info.. |
|               http://www.goplay.com - it's time to Go Play!
|
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------
---+

---

From: "laxmanb" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2000 19:35:57 -0800

Hi Rob Trace,
            Thanks alot for u'r reply.But can u suggest me the way to
test my L2TP-LNS with LAC.I want to test LNS with full real traffic
like ping,FTP and Telnet.So as u r telling is it not possible to test
with WIN2K L2TP-LAC.
thanks and regards
laxman

"Rob Trace" <[email-masked]> wrote on Wednesday August 9,