Subject: L2TPHC

From: "Daniel Feldman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 17:13:28 +0200

Does anyone know what is the current status of L2TPHC?
	Thanks a lot,
		Daniel.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Daniel Feldman
System Engineer, IC4IC Ltd.
office: +972(4)959-4644 ext. 121
mobile: +972(55)990-299
fax:    +972(4)959-4944
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

---

From: Andy Valencia <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 07:06:39 -0700

>        Does anyone know what is the current status of L2TPHC?

Funny you should ask...

I thought it was past last call, but just a day or so ago the WG chair sent
me a note, telling me that he wanted to pull the IP protocol number and use
it for something else, and that I should re-edit the draft so the protocol
number was TBD, and then go back to IANA and try, try again.

So my question to the WG is that, given that there's no implementation, and
given that it's not important enough to hold onto its IP protocol number,
why shouldn't we just bury it?  It's not like the IETF has a terrible
shortage of protocols.

OTOH, it wouldn't take much effort to edit the draft, send E-mail to IANA,
and so forth and so on.  So if the WG would like to see it meander onward,
I'll oblige.

Andy Valencia
[email-masked]