Subject: Couple of questions on the hostname

From: Nishit Vasavada <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 11:57:06 -0700

Folks,

Two questions - 

- Is an L2TP node A allowed to have multiple hostnames?  If so, would it be
a problem in having more than one tunnels with a single peer B, using
different hostnames?

- Per the draft, a hostname with fully qualified domain would be
*appropriate*.  Does any implementation (of L2TP or RADIUS server) require
the hostname with fully qualified domain?

Thanks,
Nishit

---

From: Ignacio Goyret <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 12:16:51 -0700

>a problem in having more than one tunnels with a single peer B, using

Sure. It's the only way to use different tunnel passwords.

>the hostname with fully qualified domain?

It would be silly to require it since it is not a requirement in the RFC.