Subject: RE: Relay Draft Issues Summary (#1 design goal of draft)

From: "Mistretta, Tom" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 22:04:48 -0400

Ron,

Is it possible to address this in terms of the target application?  My
impression of the problem always has been that services defined at or beyond
the LNS need a way to be visible to hosts that are connected to a LAC.

Thanks,

Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: Ron da Silva
To: [email-masked]
Sent: 8/30/2001 3:06 PM
Subject: Re: Relay Draft Issues Summary (#1 design goal of draft)

> 1) Clarify design goal of draft

This is simple.  Provide a mechanism to perform PPPoE service selection
somewhere remote from the LAC.  Specifically (since this is under the
guise of the L2TP WG) provide a mechanism that can leverage any
pre-existing L2TP topology and specific the interface between PPPoE
service selection and L2TP.  (Other remote service selection methods
may be developed outside of L2TP, but they are not in the scope of this
draft.)

-ron

---

From: Ron da Silva <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 09:08:44 -0400

On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 10:04:48PM -0400, Mistretta, Tom wrote:
> 
> ...My impression of the problem always has been that services defined
> at or beyond the LNS need a way to be visible to hosts that are connected
> to a LAC.

This is still the problem we are trying to solve -- no change.
-ron