Subject: [L2tpext] L2TP Active Discovery Relay for PPPoE to Informational

From: "W. Mark Townsley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 18:58:45 -0400

To date, draft-dasilva-l2tp-relaysvc-07.txt has been a Standards Track document. 
The document passed WG and IETF last call, and IESG review for Proposed Standard 
with one exception. The exception is that this document contains a normative 
reference to an Informational document (PPPoE).

Thomas Narten and Randy Bush have been addressing this procedural issue within 
the IETF, recently producing draft-ymbk-downref-00.txt for discussion on the 
matter.

I spoke with Thomas the other day. His recommendation is to go ahead and advance 
PPPoE Relay to Informational RFC status now since it has been lingering on his 
plate for so long. Then, after the above mentioned process has been hammered 
out, we can respin the document to Standards Track if necessary and according to 
whatever new methods are defined.

Please let us know if anyone has a problem with this.

Thanks,

- Mark

_______________________________________________
L2tpext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/l2tpext