Subject: WG Last Call: draft-ietf-l2vpn-oam-req-frmk-05

From: Shane Amante <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 16:28:46 -0700

The authors of draft-ietf-l2vpn-oam-req-frmk-05, have requested a L2VPN 
WG Last Call for this I-D, "L2VPN OAM Requirements and Framework".  It 
can be found at:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l2vpn-oam-req-frmk-05.txt

Please thoroughly review the document and send any comments to the list. 
  Also, please indicate whether you believe this document is ready to go 
to the IESG "as is", or whether there should be a cleaner separation 
between the requirements and framework.  In the latter case, the I-D 
would not pass LC, would need to get re-drafted for WG comments and the 
separate components sent out for WG Last Call again.

The WG Last Call will end on 10 Apr 2006 at 1700 MST (UTC/GMT -7).

-shane

---

From: "Busschbach, Peter B (Peter)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 23:19:29 -0500

I have a few minor comments. Otherwise, I believe the document is ready to become an RFC. I don't see a need to separate the document into a framework document and a requirements document. Some of the requirements (e.g. the security requirements) would be hard to understand without the framework.

Comments:

Section 1.1: delete the final "s" in: STP - Spanning Tree Protocols

Section 4.2.3: "The MIP associated with (C) are expected to be implemented ..."
It is IMO not very likely that a service provider will instantiate customer-related MIPs on his equipment. The sentence should be reworded to convey that MIPs "could" be implemented, or something similar.

Section 5.2: in many figures, arrows are shown as <---.  instead of <--->

Section 7.13 prioritization:
Two comments: (1) 7.13 should be replaced by 7.14; (2) Why isn't the same requirement mentioned for VPLS services?

That's all.

Peter

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Shane Amante [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Sunday, March 19, 2006 6:29 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: WG Last Call: draft-ietf-l2vpn-oam-req-frmk-05
> 
> 

-shane